Nothing's easy. (UPS content)

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
In.the small town where I live, my street has a North and a South section, bisected by a main highway.

Last Christmas season, and again yesterday, I received a UPS package for the folks with the same house number as mine...but on the opposite side.

Last year I just drove to their house and left it on the porch, like Tom Hanks in Castaway (or so I imagined).

This year, I decided to make UPS own their understandable error, and pick it up. Lo and behold: you cannot report a misdelivered package claim by phone: it must be done online.

Online, my email address is "invalid" and I am unable to register as a new user, so I am officially at a standoff here.

I guess I'll deliver this one personally too.

I don't have a volleyball to talk to, so I turned to all of you! :lol:

&*%#ing UPS. This has to happen a lot during holidays, right?

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
The solution is so simple.

Talk to your neighbor about adding the letter "A" to your house number, and the letter "B" to their house number.

If you're 529 A and he's 529 B, it will be very easy for UPS, (and everyone else) to get it right in the future. You will have done a smart, simple thing to ensure success, peace and harmony in your deliver world.

Seasons Greetings and good luck!

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
The solution is so simple.

Talk to your neighbor about adding the letter "A" to your house number, and the letter "B" to their house number.

If you're 529 A and he's 529 B, it will be very easy for UPS, (and everyone else) to get it right in the future. You will have done a smart, simple thing to ensure success, peace and harmony in your deliver world.

Seasons Greetings and good luck!

There's already a designation: ### N Street Name, and
### S Street Name. Isn't,A and B more of a duplex type address anyway?

I can't just add to, or subtract from my USPS address arbitrarily. At least, I don't think I can. But it's a good idea.

pi

Tele-Meister
Once Amazon delivered a package to me that was intended for a nearby neighborhood. I tried to report it to Amazon but was faced with a dumb artificial intelligence bot that couldn't understand the concept that a package could be delivered but also not received.

I gave up and delivered it myself.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
In.the small town where I live, my street has a North and a South section, bisected by a main highway.

Last Christmas season, and again yesterday, I received a UPS package for the folks with the same house number as mine...but on the opposite side.

Last year I just drove to their house and left it on the porch, like Tom Hanks in Castaway (or so I imagined).

This year, I decided to make UPS own their understandable error, and pick it up. Lo and behold: you cannot report a misdelivered package claim by phone: it must be done online.

Online, my email address is "invalid" and I am unable to register as a new user, so I am officially at a standoff here.

I guess I'll deliver this one personally too.

I don't have a volleyball to talk to, so I turned to all of you! :lol:

&*%#ing UPS. This has to happen a lot during holidays, right?
slaved to corporate protocols...sucks..at least you a get some exercise in...maybe consider the very remote possibility of charging ups a fee for accurate completion of a delivery.

El Serio

Tele-Meister
Weird things happen this time of year.

3 years ago UPS delivered a guitar I ordered to a Wal-Mart store 35 miles away from me. Tracking said delivered, after multiple customer service calls I was able to find the address. I called to confirm it was indeed there, then made the drive. The employee at the store didn't know what to do, since the package wasn't in their system, but the manager finally told him to give me my package. It was a huge hassle, but I got my guitar in the end.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Our addresses out here are so bazaar, the UPS and FedEx trucks bring trainees along for learning the locations in case of sickness/days off, etc.. I’ve had them stop up here out of pure desperation looking for a certain address. Sometimes they are one or two draws (canyons) off.:lol:

My wife gets a bit upset about delays in delivery, but I am always amazed a package even finds us. Since our road becomes non traversable by delivery trucks for about the next four months, they all texts my wife to make a rendezvous somewhere down on the paved portion coming out of town.

The census guy finally found us this last round.:rolleyes:

A few years ago, on Xmas Eve, I could hear someone spinning their wheels somewhere below us. Sure enough it was a young FedEx guy, delivery a package to us for Xmas. I saw his ruts in the road the next day. Hopefully his van had a rev limiter.:eek:

Cpb2020

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Several times a year I get mail addressed to one of my neighbors and I deliver it to them.

I often wonder (with the exception of my neighbor with whom we share chickens), whether my neighbors do the same in return, or whether they simply throw it in the trash.

lmjmitchell

Tele-Holic
If I get a neighbor's package, I just drop it off on their porch. Happens almost weekly.

I once received a random package for a person and address I've never heard of. I called UPS and they wouldn't give me a straight answer on what to do with it or how they were going to handle the situation.

I explained that the package would be destroyed by rain within the hour if they didn't come pick it up.

A driver came and picked it up 15 minutes later. ;)

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Weird things happen this time of year.

3 years ago UPS delivered a guitar I ordered to a Wal-Mart store 35 miles away from me. Tracking said delivered, after multiple customer service calls I was able to find the address. I called to confirm it was indeed there, then made the drive. The employee at the store didn't know what to do, since the package wasn't in their system, but the manager finally told him to give me my package. It was a huge hassle, but I got my guitar in the end.

I have to inquire. Was this guitar supposed to be delivered to a Walmart closer to you? :D

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Several times a year I get mail addressed to one of my neighbors and I deliver it to them.

I often wonder (with the exception of my neighbor with whom we share chickens), whether my neighbors do the same in return, or whether they simply throw it in the trash.

If this addressee was close enough that we could share chickens, it would be a non issue.

I may suggest the idea if anyone is home when I deliver their package.

It's only a couple miles away, after all.

A couple laying hens would really take the edge off of this.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Goodness how I love it here!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
A couple of nights ago I came home from the store and there was an Amazon van in the middle of the end of my street, had to squeeze past to get in.
Half an hour later I headed out again and at the end of my street, there was the same Amazon van again, this time parked at the stop sign with hazards on.
Too many new hires learning routes?
Too many online retailers?
Too dependent on shipping to our doors?
GPS tech is now handled by foreign subcontractors?
People keep getting more and more stupid?

El Serio

Tele-Meister
I have to inquire. Was this guitar supposed to be delivered to a Walmart closer to you? :D
Nope, it was supposed to be delivered to my house. It was not purchased from Walmart. The address number and street names were not similar either.

philpm

Tele-Meister
i live where my address is NW (street name), and across the street is NE (street name). We all regularly get each others packages. It only becomes a problem when an ambulance shows up at the wrong one and the paramedics can't be convinced they are supposed to be across the street.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
i live where my address is NW (street name), and across the street is NE (street name). We all regularly get each others packages. It only becomes a problem when an ambulance shows up at the wrong one and the paramedics can't be convinced they are supposed to be across the street.

The SWAT team did a no-knock warrant entry on a house one block off from their intended target a few years ago. Needless to say, when they got it sorted out, no one was home at the correct house.

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
The SWAT team did a no-knock warrant entry on a house one block off from their intended target a few years ago. Needless to say, when they got it sorted out, no one was home at the correct house.

Did they kill anyone? That seems to usually be the case when that happens.