Not very bright when it comes to iPhones...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by schmee, Nov 23, 2020.

1. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

But there may be security updates which are for real, and no way to judge this on your own.

El Marin likes this.
  2. El Marin

El Marin Friend of Leo's

Security? The best security is not having anything important "in a hand phone"

Taurus and radiocaster like this.
  3. Taurus

Taurus TDPRI Member

I just had an issue too, tried sending 3 pics through my email but one of the images just refused to send when the other 2 did. Thought the file was too large with the image sizes so tried sending the specific one that wouldn’t come through on its own by email but it still won’t.

4. imwjl

imwjl Doctor of Teleocity

Your mobile phone and it's number are an attack vector with nothing important on the phone. Your mobile phone and its account need to be secured well. Think about how the cell phone is a verification device.

PSA, all the "black Friday" deals might be attractive to someone with an older phone. Apple and the carriers have deals including the 11 series and XRs recently discontinued. $ off on the new SE models. No super deals on the Mini, but that might be perfect for many.

5. Festofish

Festofish Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I love my iPhones but don’t care for Apple dictating which apps can be used on their phone.

El Marin likes this.
  6. El Marin

El Marin Friend of Leo's

Shure

I am learning about that at this moment and will jailbreak my iphone soon

No deal or even black Friday for me. I am not going to enter that wheel. Still have not found a better deal than mi iphone6 64GB for 50€... No, 11 series and Xrs doesn't offer me anything else that worths the money

Do you know with is the best deal? not buying anything. I just imagine all the money I have saved not buying superfluous things and also imagine all that money spent in beer and... I rather choose the beer

Festofish likes this.
  7. imwjl

Google and Apple both vet or "dictate". It's a mechanism that does a tremendous amount for the overall stability and security.

I realize an older phone plus the jailbreak or root actions some take are fine for them but the way mobile phones are vital for many these days, and the way aging devices can cause some extra grief bargains on new ones can make a lot of sense.

My advice here hasn't been aimed at the outliers. I'm trying to be helpful with the stuff I know works well for all of our staff, and for people where I'm in a team of tech workers who volunteer time to some community/nonprofit organizations.

If you've ever had a stats class - I'm aiming for where most of the data points are.

8. imwjl

You can choose other software platforms, but Google and newer Microsoft releases also have mechanisms that help guarantee security and more reliability. The way our world is so digital, it's a bit like the overall compliance with stuff like safety laws, sewers and seatbelts.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.