Not Stealth, but Camouflage

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by udoering, Aug 29, 2014.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Some weeks ago I bought a used Blackout Telecaster. The previous owner had installed a white pickguard; the original black one existed still and was part of the trade. I decided to change them occasionally.

Then I found out that I couldn´t really copy with the pickups. The two neck pus had lovely creamy highs, but far to much bass , and the bass strings lacked definition. In contrast, the bridge pu sounded thin and trebly compared to his sisters. So I decided to change them. The decision was enhanced by the fact that Area T neck pickups were available with a black cover, although they were not in stock and had to be special-ordered from USA. So it lasted a while, but now it is finished, and it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Well, it is black, very black. I allways avoided black or white guitars until now, wasn´t my taste. But this one I like.

2. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Looks very cool

3. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Sounddemo

If anyone´s interested, I recorded a quick and dirty sound demo of this guitar. I went through all positions, from neck to bridge.

Recording gear: Lonestar Special, 1x12 openback cab with Vintage 30, SM57-clone. Clean channel, all tone pots on 12 o´clock.

https://soundcloud.com/udoering/blackout-area-t

4. DRFP

DRFP Tele-Holic

Nice

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.