Not-quite-NGD MJT/KnE/Musikraft Partscaster

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
Started daydreaming back in December about what Charvel might have built in the 60s in an alternate universe. The basic formula I came up with is some vintage hot 60s pickups, a Volume/Tone/mini toggle+5 way blade, and a 6 screw trem all in a Northern Ash KnE SanD body.

I asked for a Tahitian Coral that was more on the pink than the red side, and gave them a picture of a Ford Crestline Victoria in Flamingo as a second reference. Based on the most recent pic MJT provided, Im thrilled with the result so far, hopefully NGD isn't too far away!

3c811dc6-5f8f-4d45-a8c3-eec5211fe29b.jpeg

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
Latest update from MJT: Neck is in from Musikraft! Almost 5 months. I forget what kind of finish I asked for, but it'll be some level of amber I thnk... anyway, pic and specs:

photo_4268620040412924483.jpg
Charvel® Neck Custom Build

Scale Length:25.5" Standard Fender
Number of Frets: 22
Nut Width: 1-11/16" (42.8mm)
Heel Width and Type: 2-1/4" (57.2mm) Rounded Strat
Truss Rod Type: Dual Acting w/4mm Hex Adjust @ Heel
Shaft Wood: QS Flame Maple 3A Select
Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
Fingerboard Style: Slab (Standard Fender)
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Fingerboard Edge Style: Semi Rolled
Tuner Hole Size: 11/32" (Standard Kluson)
Top Inlay Type: 1/4" Dots (Real Aged Clay)
Side Markers: Aged Clay 2mm
Side Dot Location: Center of Fingerboard Wood
12th Dot Spacing: Wide (Vintage Style Pre 1964)
Fret Size and Type: 6100 Nickel Silver (Jumbo)
Skunk Stripe Option 2pc: None
Back Profile Shape and Size: Franky C 80 84

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
A few updates from MJT. Getting closer! For now, let's enjoy some relic'd tuners and a bit of flame maple heaven. And before someone says it, I do realize that locking Klusons arent vintage correct, but I have trust issues with tremolos...
bb1b2b3e-acc7-4d56-a94b-1936bcfeda31.jpeg

2d197ec4-a9ec-4487-811a-24eee405097d.jpeg
9dab066f-96df-4214-bed7-c95c560f8cde.jpeg

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
Please tell me you’re going to put an old school non fine tuner Floyd on there!

I considered it but it's just too modern for my vision here. I originally had hoped to find a vintage brass 6-screw Charvel trem from Kahler but prepro clones and repairs have made that pretty hard to do without seriously breaking the bank.

Ultimately I went with a Wudtone CP Vintage 6 screw with a brass trem block, as I like the vintage sort of look with the modern upgrades for tuning stability. Same thought process as the locking Klusons. Did I mention I don't trust tremolos? We'll see. I hope it's a matter of weeks, not months until they finish!

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
I considered it but it's just too modern for my vision here. I originally had hoped to find a vintage brass 6-screw Charvel trem from Kahler but prepro clones and repairs have made that pretty hard to do without seriously breaking the bank.

Ultimately I went with a Wudtone CP Vintage 6 screw with a brass trem block, as I like the vintage sort of look with the modern upgrades for tuning stability. Same thought process as the locking Klusons. Did I mention I don't trust tremolos? We'll see. I hope it's a matter of weeks, not months until they finish!
Check out the YouTube video "The Frudua Way" for keeping any tremolo guitar in tune. It really works well.