Not going to buy anything on Reverb for a while

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by radiocaster, Jul 2, 2020.

1. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

It's not just that they are expensive, but they added extra doo dads that make the site super slow, barely functional on my end.

It's happened before, then it got better. At times ebay was really slow, then more usable. I don't know now because I don't use ebay. They've sometimes taken up more bandwidth than youtube. Not even going to bother to talk about facebook.

2. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

They changed their payment setup, too. Now the money goes into a Reverb “bank.” I really preferred it going straight to PayPal. I’m pretty fed up with Reverb, lately. Used to work flawlessly but it seems as they’ve gotten bigger, they’re going the way of EBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Controller and dlc1953 like this.
  3. Thinline casket

Thinline casket Tele-Meister

I asked them to delete my account. I'm not going to say why, but I also deleted Guitar Center and Musician's Friend. I'll be scrubbing the F word off my headstocks this week.

Southpaw Tele likes this.
  4. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, I just cancelled my Reverb account. Wouldn't let me use Paypal account any more, didn't want the hassle of giving bank account info out any more, just got fed up with it.

I also found that for the most part, I can buy new stuff for nearly the same price as Reverb's used after you tack on shipping.

5. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

So they add the extra stuff before you even pay? I have trouble just browsing for stuff.

I did look at payment options, some bigger sellers have the Reverb pay system or PayPal, a few only have PayPal, usually the smaller private sellers. There might be some settings if you're a seller, but I did notice that I cannot pay by card without a PayPal account for one seller (I tried it).

6. Sequimite

Sequimite Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I've found very good prices. In the past few months I've bought two acoustic guitars, a loaded Tele body, seven harmonicas and a few other things.

NateD81 and Southpaw Tele like this.
  7. Southpaw Tele

[emoji23]

Thinline casket likes this.
  8. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

Me neither. Because I'm broke.

9. Southpaw Tele

Oh definitely getting deals on there. I picked up a new CV 70s Strat for $314 a few weeks ago. My issues are more with the selling side of things.

10. medownsouth

medownsouth Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Personally I wasn't a fan of them forcing bank auto drafts on items sold. I like using reverb bucks where available and getting that 1.5% off, nbd. But yeah I'm not buy anything for a while - cuz I'm po

11. Rob L

Rob L Tele-Meister

I agree with this. I was looking at a strat body the other day. It was painted a hideous black by someone who was probably 5 years old. Runs all over it and places where the paint was gobbed in a pile. He had no idea what wood it was. How much it weighed. No specs at all on it. He wanted $100 + $50 for shipping. This is what I was talking about in another post of mine. Too many musician types have gotten greedy. Said he needed the money towards another guitar. I told him I'd give him $50 for it complete cause that's all it's worth. He got pissed and said..no man it's a strat. I ended our convo right there.
    Necks for $200 that are no name because it looks like a tele neck. These are prices for brand new stuff.
    I'm also done with reverb and ebay as well except for car parts...lol

12. jonnyfez

jonnyfez Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'm glad not to use Paypal on Reverb - more money to me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.