1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NOS? Just curious...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telepirate86, May 6, 2020.

1. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

NOS is result of poor retail inventory control ... stuff should not sit on a shelf for long periods of time ... time is money ...
    If a piece doesn't sell you cut the price til it does or dump it at cost

2. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN Tele-Meister

I see that with "tubes" all the time. A 1966 Solvtek for how much? An RCA from a Philco television for how much?
    A rose is a rose, I suppose, but would a 40 year old rose, smell as sweet? NOS, NAW THANKS, I'LL USE THE NEW
    STUFF.

3. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

Back in 2016 I purchased a NOS Muddy Waters tribute Telecaster. I contacted Fender... turns out it was manufactured in 2005. It was brand new when I received it. Love at first sight!

4. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

The term might be weird, but guitars often sit in shops for years until they are sold, in particular in smaller shops.

5. theprofessor

theprofessor Poster Extraordinaire

I totally get what you mean, Charlie, but of course this is not true for all tube sellers. When Mike at KCA NOS tubes sells you a tube that's NOS, it is the very definition of "new old stock." Same for Brent Jessee. They are very clear about what is NOS and ANOS and used and so forth. But as you say, that seems not to hold for most people peddling tubes now.

charlie chitlin likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.