Northern Hemisphere Peeps-Have you noticed…

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
take it as it comes. I like the dark and the cold. I get up in the dark and come home in the dark and just hunker down and be in it. Then when spring comes, man, it is great... and the hot summer, then the fall and the short days... I like how it works.

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
I mean permanent daylight savings time. No more cycling. Who cares if the sun is directly overhead at noon?
The extra hour of daylight during nice weather is the way to go,imo.
Except that you don’t get an extra hour of daylight, you are simply moving the clock.

craigs63

Tele-Holic
I noticed the moon rising quite a bit north of its usual spot (more northeast than east), I guess that happens near the winter solstice when it's opposite the sun (i.e. full or close to it).

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
What’s the low down on the Sol Invictus Hoe Down? I’m ready to throw down!

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
The sun is setting a bit later every day?

Yippy!

Yes, but there's a big difference between say, having a little light at 9:07 PM riding your bike home from the neighborhood biergarten vs enough light at 4:37 PM to cleanup up after the dog without a headlamp.

We haven't yet had our (my silly bike posse) winter night time snow biking rides that are so fun. In meanwhile just a few marches around the pond at same time have felt rude.

rghill

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I would rather go on my morning walk when its sunny and 90 degrees at 5:30 AM than walk when its dark and 37 degrees.

I have noticed I start off cold and end up hot this time of year. At least in the summer you can wear shorts and deal with sweat.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I would rather go on my morning walk when its sunny and 90 degrees at 5:30 AM than walk when its dark and 37 degrees.

I have noticed I start off cold and end up hot this time of year. At least in the summer you can wear shorts and deal with sweat.

Guess you live in the right place. I'd take the 3C.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity

As much as winter can be a challenge, it never seems like a wrong place for Homo sapiens to live and work like my experiences visiting and working in desert areas.