Northern Hemisphere Peeps-Have you noticed…

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Finally! And yes I noticed.
Also, late tues/early wed looking at moon and a small point of fast moving light skittered across and just below the moon and got lost in some clouds. I'm guessing a satellite (not from Georgia). Then pretty much the same thing a few hours later.

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
So .... if we had stayed on daylight saving time the sun would still be setting later everyday anyway?

Last edited:

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I did not notice yet but eagerly await that relief.
My wife said we passed the shortest day but calendars all say it’s Dec 21, why the discrepancy?
Something todo with TikTok?

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Finally! And yes I noticed.
Also, late tues/early wed looking at moon and a small point of fast moving light skittered across and just below the moon and got lost in some clouds. I'm guessing a satellite (not from Georgia). Then pretty much the same thing a few hours later.

My wife (again) told me of meteor showers a couple of nights ago and I watched for them but wasn’t 100% certain my eyes didn’t make up the faint little streaks.
Supposed to be plenty though.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I find that as I have started to see the other side of middle age, no season feels too long anymore; they seem to change at just about the right pace for me these days, or maybe even a bit too soon, even winter.

Okay, except for monsoon season. Monsoon season can s*ck it.

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Yup, it's a minute later here every day or two, and the sun comes up later at a faster rate, so that the day is a little shorter. The pattern changes after the 21st.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
In my fair city on Tuesday of this week sunset was at 1630 CST. Today it was 1631.

Anyway you cut it, the sun set later today.

Granted the total amount of daylight is shorter on the solstice. Sunset is at 1633 CST on the 21st
I did notice on the chart you linked that it varied a minute up and down over the month... or I didn't understand the chart... not sure I understand that though. Wobble?

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
I find that as I have started to see the other side of middle age, no season feels too long anymore; they seem to change at just about the right pace for me these days, or maybe even a bit too soon, even winter.

Okay, except for monsoon season. Monsoon season can s*ck it.
Here in the American Southwest we'd gladly trade you some Grand Canyon for some of your monsoons. The Colorado River we drink from will be drying up monsoon enough.