Northeast Ohio Weather

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Apr 15, 2019.

1. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Saturday, I mowed. 60F or so.
    Sunday, it was 65F or so, and really nice. Storms rolled in Sunday evening with tornado warnings.
    This morning when I got up, it was snowing.

If you don't like the weather in Ohio, just wait 10 minutes - it will change.

Chip and uriah1 like this.
  2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Best thing about Central Coastal California (say Paso Robles) is, if you want Freezing, get out there at 5:30 AM and if you want to lounge around the pool, do it at 3:30 PM. when it is 105 degrees F.

The weather yesterday in Memphis was sucky, so we got in the car and went to Little Rock and had the Riverfront all to ourselves. By five, it was 100% blue skies and we made it most of the way to the top and back down, Mt. Pinnacle, in shirtsleeves. Daisy is 14 and 3 months now, not easy for a dog who has played so hard for so long to climb over all those rocks - I didn't want her to hurt too badly, today.

I always found Ohio to be a walk in the park, next to Buffalo and surrounds.

RoscoeElegante and Toto'sDad like this.
  4. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

The television and Internet kept telling us that Winter Is Coming...

We had your snow Saturday night into Sunday.

5. twangking

twangking Tele-Afflicted

It's like that in Connecticut as well.

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

With the way things are here, I know in my mind I should sell out and relocate to somewhere, almost anywhere besides California, but in my heart? I know California has just about the best weather in the United States. The cost of living continues to rise, but I reckon as long as I got the money to pay the bills, I'll just stick it out here. When I see houses selling after only a few days on the market, and for considerably more than I gave for mine, I'm tempted though. For me, the only way to move would be to sell out lock stock and barrel, drive to the new location, and buy it all again. Too close to the end of life to make that be a practical plan.

Mike Eskimo and boris bubbanov like this.
  7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

A lot of the sale and resale IMO takes place within California.

People sell in Pasadena and move to San Luis Obispo. Or sell in Santa Barbara and buy an entire county up in the Northeast Corner of the state.

The main thing I would worry about would be getting closer to the end of life, then have a house wiped out by earthquake (or just damaged enough it can't be sold just yet) or mudslides or a fire. You're still paying taxes; all your "stuff" is ruined and you got no place to actually live. Many Californians look at their house as their "nest egg" but increasingly, you need something else, aside from it as a cushion if something happens. So you put 60% of the Pasadena sales proceeds here and there in CDs and Index Funds, etc.

We see people lose everything they've accumulated in the way of material possessions, in a Tornado in the South. But that's a small hill, and it is easier to get back to the top of that size of hill, with some good relatives and even better friends. Those in CA who are on the Mountaintop as it were, are pretty much done with all of that if Mother Nature reclaims it like she just did the Notre Dame Cathedral.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

My golfing buddy I went with yesterday always looked at things a little differently than I did. I'd say, you know maybe we'd better not play golf tomorrow, there's a 70 percent chance it's going to rain. He'd say, hey that means there a thirty percent chance it won't, lets go anyway! As I get older, I'm less inclined to worry about things until they happen. I used to want to move to Conway, pretty badly. We had a number of relatives who lived there. Now they've moved to Florida. If there's any place in the world I wouldn't want to live it's Florida. So that means, I would have moved, then been left behind anyway.

9. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

Yeah, thanks. My coat is at the dry cleaners and i had to walk about a mile to a meeting today (OK, half a mile). I blame you - I think it came from the northwest.

Next time, build a fire or something to heat the air before it comes to us down here.

10. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Sorry, all I have here is a direct vent gas log. It won't warm things enough for you. :D

11. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

Set that lake on fire again!!

12. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

I got offered a job in Santa Maria 10 years ago. It was a pipe dream of mine to move back to Central Coast CA. I decided to move to the exact opposite. Finances was the main reason. But the older I get the less I'm inclined toward having to checking off a bucket list, and instead going with what life throws at me, and making the best of it. I'm saving more now, but I'm also doing more, since majority of my income is not going to rent. I can afford to take a trip once in a while to some great places. If I lived in a pricey place, as nice as the area might be, I would be less able to visit other places. My current house is less of an investment, as it is a place to live while I invest in other things, either monetarily or experience. My retirement plan, such as it is currently, only involves my house from a savings standpoint. Not from an investment standpoint. I don't plan on being in it forever. It's a house. Not a destination.

But we also have an opposite issue in this area. Real estate values are low, so resale is low. You can get a big custom dreamhouse, that you are stuck with until you die. I ain't havin' none of that, for the same reason I'm not racing to build a huge amp vintage amp collection. They are just things. They could be gone tomorrow. OTOH, I couldn't 'flip' my house if I tried. Our goal is to keep it simple and nice, so when it's time to bug out, it will be in good enough shape to move in, but also we won't have to take too much of a hit from remodeling. No big customizing plans.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.