Norman's Rare Guitars

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
I have never been to the store or met him, but I have seen him online and in videos innumerable times - he seems like a genuinely enthusiastic, friendly and entertaining guy. Sending postive vibes his way, and hopefully many more years (videos and guitars) ahead.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to buy that LP Custom I've always wanted in his store!

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
A great positive guy, been such an influence on Guitar History

Man I've never heard of the type of cancer he has, I'm going to read up on it.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Oh man.... I'm so sorry to hear this. I've always wanted to visit his shop but have never got the chance. Norm is a pioneer collector/dealer of guitars and amps and had the vision to recognize that business early on, while most of the rest of us didn't have a clue. The only other person I can think of off hand who had this same vision is George Gruhn. Norm is responsible for discovering a lot of hidden gems of talent as well, having an excellent ear for good quality with the right connections to propel that talent, for the rest of us to enjoy. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Norm, and keep the strength! Rootin' for ya man!

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire

Attachments

• 1653603789915.png
    1653603789915.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 8

JoeNeri

Friend of Leo's
I used to live in the San Fernando Valley and frequented Norman’s Rare Guitars in Tarzana (also his first tiny store in Reseda). He tried to sell me a ‘51 Esquire once - I was flattered that he thought I had a lot more money than I actually had. I did buy a ‘79 Strat. Great guy, great store! Be well, Norm.
A8561252-F209-4D8A-88C7-887261B1F0CC.jpeg