Nope, no fever. hmmm...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DNestler, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DNestler

DNestler Tele-Meister

I think there's something wrong with me.

Rehearsing for gig last night I ran my 5 string emando (think of a reduced size jazz box archtop with a Kent Armstrong pick-up hanging off the end of the fretboard) as usual through my Marshall MG30CFX.

This amp has been nothing but ...meh... since I got it. You all know the reviews, I'm sure. Even the guys doing Youtube videos for their shops couldn't manage any enthusiasm for this box. I use it because it has a decent clean tone and is light.

Last night I really attacked the controls. I stayed on the clean channel: gain=10, bass=6, middle=10, treble=2.5, reverb set to 'studio' at about 75%, volume=9, no effects (natch), master=2.5.
    SM57 into the PA --which always helps.

And slap me for a fool, but I really liked the sound! So much so, that I went on Reverb and looked to see if there was another one hanging around. (I was thinking about going stereo and/or having a back-up. Found one in Toulouse, but didn't pull the trigger. They wanted a little too much for it.)

Just wondering of I'm losing my mind, losing my ears, or if there's some sort of self-help group out there... :)

Daniel

2. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

LOL, this is a self-help site for people who crave a new amp, not people who just fell in love (or in like?) with their existing amp. But either way, you've made the first step by admitting you have a problem. :) Bonne chance, mon ami.

DNestler likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.