Nope, no fever. hmmm...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DNestler, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DNestler

DNestler Tele-Meister

I think there's something wrong with me.

Rehearsing for gig last night I ran my 5 string emando (think of a reduced size jazz box archtop with a Kent Armstrong pick-up hanging off the end of the fretboard) as usual through my Marshall MG30CFX.

This amp has been nothing but ...meh... since I got it. You all know the reviews, I'm sure. Even the guys doing Youtube videos for their shops couldn't manage any enthusiasm for this box. I use it because it has a decent clean tone and is light.

Last night I really attacked the controls. I stayed on the clean channel: gain=10, bass=6, middle=10, treble=2.5, reverb set to 'studio' at about 75%, volume=9, no effects (natch), master=2.5.
    SM57 into the PA --which always helps.

And slap me for a fool, but I really liked the sound! So much so, that I went on Reverb and looked to see if there was another one hanging around. (I was thinking about going stereo and/or having a back-up. Found one in Toulouse, but didn't pull the trigger. They wanted a little too much for it.)

Just wondering of I'm losing my mind, losing my ears, or if there's some sort of self-help group out there... :)

Daniel

2. King Fan

King Fan Poster Extraordinaire

LOL, this is a self-help site for people who crave a new amp, not people who just fell in love (or in like?) with their existing amp. But either way, you've made the first step by admitting you have a problem. :) Bonne chance, mon ami.

DNestler likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.