1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Nootropics, what are you taking?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DrPepper, Dec 3, 2020.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I had turned my nose to these but, my mothers cognitive abilities are declining rapidly and decided that I should do something for my mental health.

Prevagen is all the rage these days so I looked into it... Actually, I bought a months supply. You know what, after 3 weeks, I'm feeling more focused. So, I checked the ingredients and checked other brain supplements to see what made them tick... Nootropics.

I want to try other supplements, but can only afford one brand/dosing per month. What is working for you?

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Ya. Raw jelly fish can help memory and retention. I guess the jury is out. Don’t know if snake oil or something there

3. myteleplaysjazz

myteleplaysjazz Tele-Meister

Want to take care of your cognitive abilities?
    Read music - standard notation.
    Work crossword puzzles.
    Read books.
    Play cards.
    Play board games.
    Play checkers, chess, or dominoes.

All things that make you act and think will help to guard against cognitive decline.

4. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

Use it, or lose it!

myteleplaysjazz likes this.
  5. driver8

driver8 Tele-Holic

Heard some sketchy things about Prevagen. Personally I would avoid it. B1 is nootropic, caffeine, nicotine (minus the tobacco), bacopa, ginkgo, piracetam and some of the other -racetams, modafinil, huperzine-A, and maybe a dozen others are some of the ones I've tried. Most are best just in the very short-term, in my experience, and therefore not really worth it. Eating a lot of blueberries is also supposedly really good for the brain, as long as you eat them regularly. Omega-3 oils also good - best to stay natural and just have a good diet & exercise, imho.

6. DrPepper

As in all things physiology, your mileage may vary...

7. DrPepper

Agreed, I just want a buffer.

8. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

And memorize your lyrics and music instead of staring at a little screen.

9. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

so said the dyslexic from the back of the class, raising his hand I'm 72 , when will sundowners syndrome set in?
    I used to get assigned to sit with patients in a real padded room and they would ask me why are you in my house? or when is my daughter bringing lunch for us. are we still going to the movies?
    We called that disorientated, as in: the patient is disoriented.
    A doctor from the hospital, a really good doctor was one of the really disoriented patients that I sat with, didn't have a clue,
    acute anxiety syndrome, one day your fine three weeks later your as anxious as 15 speed freaks at the same time. I had spent 8 hour with the patient, I said to the nurse everyday I don't wake up like that I will thank god, I am still grateful that I am not going through that right now, and that was a long long time ago.
    human kindness.png

Grant Austin likes this.
  10. driver8

driver8 Tele-Holic

Pycnogenol is one I forgot to mention. It's one of the better ones IMHO, but can be pricey

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.