Noiseless pickups

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Roozter, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Roozter

Roozter TDPRI Member

Okay, I'm a newbee. I am not a stranger to Fender guitars however. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'd like to get an opinion on the noisless pickups. Do you still get that tele sound? They have to be some type of humbucker, right? If anyone has changed to the noiesless, please make a comment. I'd like to know what changes in sound that I'll hear.

Thanks,
    Rooz

2. mrplavick

mrplavick TDPRI Member

I use Kinman noiseless tele pickups (his Broadcaster set). My frame of reference is stock Fender and Seymour Duncan tele pickups. The Kinman noiseless sound as authentic, musical and dynamic as those single coils to me. I'd be happy to use them even if they had 60 cycle hum.

3. Staggered Mag

Staggered Mag Tele-Meister

I have changed one of my Tele's to Fender Vintage Noiseless. This is the guitar I play the most at home under fluorescent lighting, I had no choice, I had to go noiseless. I'm very happy with them. I'm sure you can go any big music store and try them out, they are factory equipped on certain Fender Tele's. Kinman's are great noiseless pickup's at a bit more $$$. They were not in my budget at the time.

4. Lerb21

Lerb21 Friend of Leo's

Truth be told, I've never really need noiseless pups. Even though my guitars are loud I rarely have buzz or anything annoying.

Still trying to figure out why.

Oh, and I'm probably the exception to the rule, so just ignore my post. ;)

5. Wayne Alexander

Wayne Alexander Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have the Kinman Broadcaster set in my Nocaster, I like the sound of those as well or better than the stock Fender Nocaster single coil pickups, the Kinmans sound like really good stock tele pickups.

I've got a set of Bardens in a 52RI tele. Those do not sound like stock tele pickups, more of a hi-fi sound with more bass and treble response. They sound very good to me but do not sound like a "regular" tele. They particularly sound good through a gainy, harmonic-laden tube amp.

6. chucksmi

chucksmi Tele-Meister

I've used them (on a Strat) and like them. I found that unless you change the pots they are a little lacking. On the Strat versions you need 1M on the tones and 500K on the volume. They are fairly hot. Not quite the traditonal Fender sound, but they are nice.

7. Roozter

Roozter TDPRI Member

Hey, thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

Roo

8. Rocks

Rocks Tele-Afflicted

Hey Rooz, glad to see you found the place ok. You'll love it here, tons of good info and great people. I'll PM you and show you around a bit.

9. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

Welcome Roozter.....and I cast my vote for noiseless also.

10. twangcaster1

twangcaster1 Friend of Leo's

I haven't been crazy about any noiseless pickups I've tried out. I like Lindy Fralin tele pickups.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.