Noiseless Pickups and 4 Way switch

El Boricaster

TDPRI Member
I'm looking for some noiseless pickups to upgrade my Blackguard MIM Tele, that still retains its single coil tone but more on the warmer, punchier side (specially in the bridge). I'm looking mainly at Mojotone Broadcaster Quiet Coils, also SD Vintage Stack, and Fender Ultra Noiseless. Would love to hear your experiences regarding these.

Now here's the other problem: I'm also interested in adding a 4 way switch. Today's the first time I've read about it, so I don't know much about the topic.
IF I get the Mojotones I need to buy the 500 pot wiring harness for them to function properly. Mojotone also sells a 4 way but with pots and wiring. Do I buy one or the other? Do I need both?
Should I get the other noiseless pickups; do they need some specifications as to run with a 4 way switch?

Wayne Alexander

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The Callaham Broadcaster set is exactly what you describe, and you can wire them to a 4 way switch or buy Callaham’s pre wired harness that has the 4 way switch built in. The Mojotones are a bit more polite sounding and less juicy sounding than the callahams to my ears.

Southpaw Tele

Friend of Leo's
I went with DiMarzios in my MIM Player. Chopper T in the bridge and Area T in the neck. Great combo, kept the 250k pots and love the tones. However, I did not go 4 way switch on mine. Have not needed it with these pickups.

grandstick

Tele-Holic
I installed a set of ‘52 "Quiet Coil” pickups in one of my Teles. I ended up ordering a pre-wired 4-way harness from MojoTone. One benefit (for me, at least) was the solder-less feature; you pull the cloth sheath back a little on each pickup wire, then insert it into the corresponding locking tab on the wiring buss.

It was handy when transferring the set to a different guitar - not having to de-solder everything. The whole job took about 5 minutes.

BAA08E89-25C4-4906-8326-A0FEA8B771B0.jpeg

grandstick

Tele-Holic
One thing about 4-way switching on a Tele - with regular pickups, you have to unsolder the metal cover on the neck pickup. Most instructions online will show how. I don’t know if this is true with the Fender Noiseless pickups - my Thinline has the Noiseless with 4-way switching, but it came from the factory that way.

prosandcons

NEW MEMBER!
I went with a Kinman broadcaster set...amazing. I found some on amazon..seemed alot cheaper than on their clunky website -check them out ..there some cool youtube demos around too

el cheapo

Friend of Leo's
Another vote for Dimarzio's. Every guitar will sound slightly different, but I'm very happy with the Area T615 bridge and Area T neck I have in mine. Full, warm Tele sound with no icepick.

El Boricaster

TDPRI Member
For update purposes: I installed a 920d custom 4 way wiring harness in my Tele. Pots are valued 250, plus I’m really interested in Lollar pickups. Not noiseless, but the sound is superb. Now, im open to noiseless suggestions that work with my wiring harness (250k, 4 way).

El Boricaster

TDPRI Member
As of now, my search has landed on these 4 pickups:

1. Fralin Split Blade Blues
2. Barden Modern T Set
3. Kinman Broadcaster
4. Kinman 52

Keep in mind I’m keeping the 250 pots and 4 way (Fralin site suggests 500 pots for the Blues, but the review I loved had 250 ones, plus I’m not too fond of too much brightness). Would love to hear experiences regarding these pickups.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
To El Boricaster's:
1. Fralin Split Blade Blues
2. Barden Modern T Set
3. Kinman Broadcaster
4. Kinman 52

Add:
5. Bill Lawrence "Wilde" Noiseless Series. Bill liked the 500K, so do I. But 250k is okay, if that's what you have.

prosandcons

NEW MEMBER!
I thought I would add on my previous post. I installed a Kinman broadcaster set a few days ago after listening to a youtube demo. They are dead silent. Kinman calls himself the king of zero hum. I cant recommend them more highly. Its not just that they are silent - they rock! Heaps of attack, full on tone - really full body and dynamic with no loss for being silent. needless to say ive been impressed.