Noise gate/noise reduction on VOX mini and Ammoon Pockrock

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by supermoose, Mar 26, 2020.

1. supermoose

supermoose TDPRI Member

Hi all! :)

I have a Vox mini 3 that i really like, and a Ammoon Pockrock that i keep in a Gigbag to use as a Headphone Amp. Thing is, the Vox Mini 3 does not have an adjustable noise reduction like its bigger siblings. But you can clearly hear when it is turned of by the amp and when it is, i think the amp sounds really good! I like the Tweed and AC settings a lot.

Has anyone had this amp dismantled and pics from it? It would be fun to try to find out if the noise reduction could be soldered of permanently. The noise reduction on the Pockrock is much worse and harsher, but it is a headphone amp that i use with batteries, so it is ok and i believe it aids with its battery life. Im also not sure if it would sound any good without it.
    If i can remove the noise reduction on the Vox im thinking i might put a speaker out on it and make a little cabinet for it.

Cheers
    Jakob

2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

I've found the Mini 3 to be susceptible to certain types of RF interference. For example, if I play in my car while the engine is running, the Bluetooth or some other electronics makes the amp unusable. Otherwise, it's fine.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.