NOGD: Strings and Things in Memphis

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by stratman54, Sep 12, 2016.

1. stratman54

stratman54 Tele-Meister

A few weeks ago I saw a question about a Strings and Things in Memphis Bluesmaster.

Strings and things made the Bluesmaster in 1983 and they changed thier name to Saint Blues in 1984, producing this model as well as others until the price of the yen forced them out of business in 1989. A total of 2500 Bluesmasters and Bluesmaster II were made between 1983 and 1989. Saint Blues returned to business in 2008.

So seeing that post got me to thinking: I have one of those!

I had been in a band with a guy that bought this Bluesmaster in 83, (I was with him when he bought it.) I thought it was a great guitar, a LP body shape with a Tele platform. Hot tapped single coils with push/pull pots to switch between tapped and full power PUs.

I later traded a Korg synth with him, gave me the guitar an $300 for it. Unfortunatly he had added a humbucker in the neck position and changed the pots to 500k. When I got the guitar home was very disappointed with its performance. So it has sat in its case for years at my sons' house.

There has been increased interest in these early models, so I figured it was time to bring it back as close to its' original setup as possible. Ordered new push/pull dp/dt switches, wire, orange drop .047 cap, and a new set of tapped single coils. Had to order pickguard material and make a new pickguard. (Saint Blues doesn't have any replacements)

This is a 1983 Strings an Things Custom Bluesmaster serial #00424. It now sounds an plays great. Thank you to the person who posted the question about this model, reminding me that I owned one so I could bring it back to life.

Some before and afters.

1473722936560.jpg 1473722965890.jpg 1473722987196.jpg 1473723004056.jpg 1473723026665.jpg

2. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Very cool guitar, thanks for the pictures!

3. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

These are great axes! Wish I had one!!

4. sleazy pot pie

sleazy pot pie Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Thats beautiful.
    I saw a few months ago that Guutar Mill had two bodies in this shape for sale in their spring cleaning sale. Kicking myself for not grabbing one.

5. Rich B in Tempe

Rich B in Tempe Tele-Holic

Guitar mill is more expensive than WARMOTH! Not!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Tele-Holic

Wow! Blast from the past! I miss Strings and Things.

7. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.