1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NOGD Squier Affinity/Standard Hybrid

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Lucius Paisley, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Tele-Holic

This came back today, new and "improved".

[​IMG]

Originally pawn store bought, volume pot broken, bought loaded Squier Standard pickguard from Reverb, swapped the electronics into the original pickguard, body routed to fit the hardware, new output jack, all hooked up and ready to go.

Was a bit confused at first, it's been years since I've touched a strat that wasn't modified heavily, so there'll be a learning curve regarding tone controls for neck THEN middle, not middle then neck, as it should logically be. But once I find a good position for both, I'll rarely change them again.

Small issue, bottom E is VERY loose. However, it just means the difference between me playing like an idiot or playing sensibly. But it stays in tune, so I'm happy with it.

Also, I'm thinking now that I know about the kitchen scourer trick, I'm probably never going to have another "gloss" finish on a guitar again.

2. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Meister

Nice looking Squire. I like to move the wire from the second tone knob from the middle to the bridge pickup on the switch. I find it to be more useful, and it prevents pot stacking in positions 2 and 4.

Lucius Paisley likes this.
  3. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Tele-Holic

I like the idea of no tone on the bridge, but that's something to consider once I'm used to the guitar.

Normally brownburst says to me "lack of imagination", but with the gloss finish removed, it feels natural and right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.