NOGCBD New Old Guitar Comes Back Day

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Florida Sam, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Florida Sam

Florida Sam Tele-Meister

8 years ago I found this tele in a pawn shop. It had an Allparts neck and MIK Kent Armstrong pickups. It was a score as a paid very little for it
    My buddy played it and REALLY loved it. I sold it to him for what I paid and called it a day.
    I missed this thinline but never made a big deal about it, heck I never talked about it at all.
    My buddy did some major mods. The Allparts neck was swapped for a MJT/ Musikraft and the pickups were swapped with a set of custom made hand wound Wagners.
    We talk gear all the time and I mentioned I would like a Thinline again at some point.
    To end this novela, he said come visit me and take the Thinline back, merry early Xmas.
    8 years later, it plays and sounds 100 times better than when I owned it.

[​IMG]

2. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

What a looker, congrats!

I am in the same situation: I dearly miss my mumble squier telecaster vm custom 72, gave it to my brother and one year ago I asked him to have it back.
    He said yes but the guitar is still in his possession....

Enjoy your old friend.

3. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Nice!

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Stunning!

5. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Awesome! Love it when an old friend comes home. Enjoy. If you happen to record a demo of it, please post it here. Never heard of those pickups. Would love to check them out. It's certainly a looker!

6. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Nice to have the guitar back - here's to good friends!

Florida Sam likes this.
  7. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's

Thats cool!

8. rolandson

rolandson Tele-Holic

It's always nice when the children come home after being on their own for a while.

9. AndyPanda

AndyPanda Tele-Holic

Back in the late 70's early 80's I found a near mint '62 strat in a pawn shop - it looked like it had been forgotten in the back of the closet and never been out of the case and never had the strings changed. I grabbed it up for about $400 and sold it to a buddy since I wasn't a guitarist (still not - but I'm working on it now)

I wonder if I mention to him that I'd like a '62 strat at some point he might just give it back to me as an early xmas present. :lol:
    Fat chance of that - I haven't seen him in in ages but every time I'd run into him he'd tell me how much more it was worth now than the last time I saw him.

10. elmicko

elmicko Tele-Afflicted

Sweet guitar!!

11. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

My first guitar was a cheap Stella parlour. Left it behind when I moved away from home in ‘78. Parents eventually sold it in a yard sale because they were tired of tripping over it. A few years after I moved back to Winnipeg, I spotted a guitar like it in a music store. What do you know, it even had the sticker I put on the back! Had to buy it again. (It eventually went into a New Year’s Eve bonfire. Don’t worry, it was a respectful and solemn send-off for an old friend.)

12. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Good friends are keepers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.