1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Nocaster NOS Custom Shop colors

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by EsquireOK, May 14, 2012.

1. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Poster Extraordinaire

Hi,

I am curious what colors these have come in over the years. I see blonde and butterscotch blonde, maybe a custom-ordered color here and there. But were they ever made as "factory runs" in colors other than the two common ones? A black one would be killer.

Thanks

2. Encinitastubes

Encinitastubes Tele-Meister

I have a black one that was part of a limited run. I've seen quite a few blue ones as well.

3. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Friend of Leo's

Look at The Music Zoo. I remember them having some special colors. CAR? LPB?
    There were also some "Not Rods" that were made without truss rods. I believe they came in colors.

There were also some "No-Neck" Strats made with BIG Nocaster necks. Not a Tele shape, but had that neck feel.

4. skillet

skillet Tele-Meister

Wildwood Guitars used to also have a lot of custom colors, though if I remember right, most of those were relics or heavy relics rather than the standard NOS (I could be wrong about this). If you go to their website and look under Fender Custom Shop -> Custom Shop Telecaster, there is an Inca Silver one still listed ('51 Nocaster Relic). They used to have dozens of those of varying colors on their site (I drooled a lot looking at them but never pulled the trigger).

5. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Music Zoo had an awesome looking Dakota Red '51 Nocaster a few months ago. I can't imagine Dakota Red was around back in 1951 (I am not an expert on this point1), but it sure looked fine on that guitar, tastefully relic'd, too. Probably my favorite Fender color. I have an original 1966 Mustang and a 2008 LaCabronita Especial in that color. (The former naturally relic'd and the latter artificially.)

6. Sea Devil

Sea Devil Friend of Leo's

Custom colors existed before Fender started advertising them and sending charts to dealers, but they were real custom colors mixed at the buyer's request, and they didn't happen often.

7. woodylong

woodylong TDPRI Member

nocaster is my next guitar' most likely is coming from the Wildwood store.

8. funff

funff Tele-Holic

I had a lake placid blue NOS nocaster until recently, lovely guitar

9. Humbuster

Humbuster Tele-Meister

Been there, done that.
    You won't regret it.

They recently received some new ones.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.