1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Nocaster bridge pickup

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by znanjeiimanje, Jun 24, 2020.

1. znanjeiimanje

znanjeiimanje TDPRI Member

I own two Teles that I love:

1. '62 Thin Skin
    2. AO 50s

I have some stuff I'm selling locally and a guy offered me in a trade the bridge pickup of a Nocaster which would come out to be some 35$.

I love both guitars and at the moment I wouldn't do any pickup upgrades, but I thought that maybe one day in the future (as I love to play with the pickups) this might come in handy.

Is this a good pickup and where would it fall between the two I already have?

2. derekirving

derekirving TDPRI Member

I have a nocaster set in my tele and owned a one of the Fender 52 pure vintage models. The nocaster might be lower output the your AO 52 and will be more mid oriented.

3. pi

pi Tele-Meister

4. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

If u don't get it, send him my way !

5. JKjr

JKjr Tele-Holic

Pickup snob here(not really). It's just a cheap Fender pickup. Throw in a set of boutiques and be done with it.
    Except it kicks most boutiques to the curb IMHO. If I had to pick a perfect tele bridge it would sound like a nocaster. And they sound like the guitar they're in. Buy two, they're small...

6. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars TDPRI Member

Yes. Mos def worthy. Get it.

7. JKjr

JKjr Tele-Holic

Ok, it's the wee hours of the morning and I'm half asleep. I just noticed the guitar in my avatar. Boutique Lollar Charlie Christian neck, Fender nocaster bridge. Where the rich go slumming LOL. The Lollar is stunning. The Fender by no means suffers in comparison.

8. znanjeiimanje

znanjeiimanje TDPRI Member

I listened to all the advises here and I appreciate it very much. I haggled the guy a little bit and got it for 30$ in the end.

Brought it home and according to my el cheapo multimeter measures 6.8 (vs 5.8 in my AO 50's).

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.