1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Nobels ODR Mini - Is this normal? (Sounds through hardware)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ReddWolf, Apr 5, 2021.

1. ReddWolf

ReddWolf TDPRI Member

Picked up a Nobels ODR-Mini and enjoy the sound, but I noticed something odd. With the pedal on, if you tap on the knobs or LED (and switch), you can hear the tapping through the amp. Seems more on the Spectrum knob and LED as they are in the middle. I figure it is some kind of microphonic through the circuit board. Certainly don't have any other pedals (mini or full) that do that.

Anyone else with the ODR Mini that has noticed the same thing or should I send it back and exchange it for another one? Maybe it is that way on all of them? Not that I'll be tapping on the knobs while I'm playing, but am concerned about it picking up other vibrations.

Thank you.

Redd.

2. JayDee

JayDee Tele-Holic

Yes, mine is also microphonic (for lack of a better word). That's how I would describe it as well. I can tap on the Spectrum knob and hear it loud and clear through the amp. It's weird.

ReddWolf likes this.
  3. ReddWolf

ReddWolf TDPRI Member

Thanks JayDee. Well, that's good to know (I think?) there are similar ones out there and may be "normal" for this pedal.

4. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

On mushiness bigmuff super fuzz album you can hear the pedals click on.

5. NWinther

NWinther Friend of Leo's

Plenty of pedals that does that.

6. ReddWolf

ReddWolf TDPRI Member

Yeah, this is not the click/pop you hear when you turn the pedal on, have quite a few that do that. The pedal is already on...but if you tap on anything connected to the circuit board (knobs/led/switch) you hear it through the amp like if you were tapping on a microphone. "Tap-tap-tap....is this on?"

7. Mark the Moose

Mark the Moose Tele-Afflicted

Sounds like a sloppy solder joint or a poorly made transistor.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.