1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

No threads on the Wonder Woman movie?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by sean79, Jun 15, 2017.

1. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

I never realized she was a God.

Good movie, we enjoyed it.

2. Tremade

Tremade Tele-Holic

I neither like comics nor super hero movies, but I saw Wonder Woman at the cinema and surprisingly enjoyed it.

3. mitchfinck

mitchfinck Tele-Holic

I really enjoyed it as did my girlfriend. I feel like outside of Deadpool and GOTG she normally just humours my love for comic book and science fiction properties. I also think it portrayed a favourable view of women in general - that they can do anything a man can do, sometimes better (obviously this goes both ways except for you know... obvious biological differences... as a man I can't carry a baby, believe it or not! In this day and age!). It seems to be very empowering for a lot of women - a female star kicking all the @ss, a female writer/director making something that kicks so much @ss - and I think that's a good thing.
    Ultimately, I thought it had a good message about female empowerment and the nature of war and it was a really fun way to spend a night!

Minimalist518 likes this.
  4. joy-z

joy-z TDPRI Member

The extended version they released on home video was better and made more sense. I think BvS is a great movie - definitely in my top 5 favorite superhero movies.

mitchfinck and DarkKnight37 like this.
  5. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

I'll weigh in when I see it. Can't wait to see it. Finally one done really right.

6. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

I will have to say that I don't see a lot of movie, but I was really impressed with the sound on this one. Almost as if the theatre has upgraded their system. There are explosions obviously, but the low freqs generated by that were really impressive and the sounds were clean and clear.

I'm not a huge fan of "epic battles" and ridiculously over the top fighting. I find it visually hard to follow. This movie had some of that. They showed a preview for Transformers and the visual on the CGI is so detailed it's almost too much.

I'm not as up on my superheros as some of you all, there's something I find interesting in the retelling of these stories over and over. Sort of like the blues, you know the general theme, but everyone gets to put their take on it.

FerruleCat and Pixies2005 like this.
  7. telestratpaul

telestratpaul TDPRI Member

I heard its a love story and Diana Prince is doing Steve Trevor .... right there I said, no thanks. They already ruined Spider Man making it a love story, I dont need to see Classic Wonder Woman reduced to that fluff too.

8. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

I saw it. It wasn't reduced to fluff. Fantastic story, great acting, great CGI, a great movie in general, not just a great comic book movie. Perhaps the best comic book movie ever. There's a reason why it's getting high ratings by critics and movie goers alike. The bonus is that it has a great theme without being preachy. If Spiderman is "with great power comes great responsibility", this is, "mankind is capable of good or evil and so the only way to vanquish evil is for mankind to learn to love, not hate, one another." In other words, ain't no superhero gonna fix our messed up s**t for us.

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Good point. Hoping for supernatural solutions is not going to work, people, although WW did defeat Ares at the end, but then she I guess she receded to the background and now works at the Louvre -- not exactly a crime-fighting position.

One thing that did bug me about the movie: German villains. Really? Not only is Madame Poison evil, she's deformed as well. And Gen. von LudenDorff? Could he be more evil? I know there's a twist, but notice how "above the fray" Ares is. He leaves the baddie role for the Germans. C'mon, it's 2017...

mitchfinck likes this.
  10. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

I loved how WW has no dark side to her. She does what she thinks is right without compunction, and she has the education and the tools to be an excellent judge. She is pure justice.

11. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

And she's pretty.

12. BigDaddyLH

On the other hand, she is not a human superhero. That's why I always liked Spiderman.

13. BigDaddyLH

I have anime for that.

14. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Saw it with Ms. Nutz, and the boy and his GF, who are both film-making students in college; we all liked it! Great fun, strong female role models and good morals ... the filmies were a bit more critical, but that's what they do!

15. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

My kids saw it and haven't talked about it.
    I'm glad to hear it was good.

16. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Yes she did.

[​IMG]

uriah1 likes this.
  17. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Heck I think she can outright fly in the movie ... at least towards the end.

18. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not a comic book guy, and I have no idea how she came to have the invisible jet. But most of this movie is set in 1918 - long before invisible jets were readily available.

19. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

For comic book geeks out there, the powers of Wonder Woman definitely evolved over time, including the ability to fly, and DC had to come up with some kind of twisted comic book logic to explain it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman

20. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I always got her and Isis (the goddess/superhero - not the terrorists ) confused.

"Oh mighty Isis !"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.