No sale

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
I’d had an Affinity Tele and matching Strat on Gumtree for quite a while. Eventually sold the Strat to one of my teacher’s pupils week before last. Got an ‘is this still for sale’ message re the Tele from Gumtree last night. Happy to have got some interest at last, I dug it out from under the bed, tuned it and decided it need some set up stuff doing. Couple of hours later it’s all cleaned up and playing well. Just replied to the message………………………’no, sorry, it’s not’!

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
What is gumtree. ? European or Australian sale site. US? Never heard Of for instruments. But I am slow so it could have been our for years. Lol

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I’d had an Affinity Tele and matching Strat on Gumtree for quite a while. Eventually sold the Strat to one of my teacher’s pupils week before last. Got an ‘is this still for sale’ message re the Tele from Gumtree last night. Happy to have got some interest at last, I dug it out from under the bed, tuned it and decided it need some set up stuff doing. Couple of hours later it’s all cleaned up and playing well. Just replied to the message………………………’no, sorry, it’s not’!

I have had the same experience recently with some gear I intended to trade. A bird in the hand, i guess:cool:.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Mine didn't even get to the for sale level. I found a '79 Vibrolux Reverb at a pawn shop about three weeks ago, and bought it for $250. As it didn't work, I had to sink another 200 in it to make it operational. The original intent was to flip it for a fat, quick profit, but after playing through it on a gig or two, nope! It's gonna stay! I put a pair of JBL K110s that I rebuilt into the VR, and the sound was/is just glorious. I obtained the frames off Evilbay when they were advertised as working. but arrived DOA. Apparently, the seller didn't want to hassle with shipping them back, said just keep them, and refunded my purchase price, so they were essentially free. Rebuilding them was easy using preassembled kits, so my end cost was well below 150, so my final cost for the VR was less than 600. With the JBLs, its weight is a bit north of 50 lb, so my back is protesting a bit. I'll use it until I can't, then sell (don't hold your breath).
_743.JPG
_744.JPG

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
What is gumtree. ? European or Australian sale site. US? Never heard Of for instruments. But I am slow so it could have been our for years. Lol

It’s a UK sale site I’ve found generally better than eBay for instruments and not an auction site. Haggle a bit around the asking price, which is to be accepted.