No luck finding a good used guitar :(

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I can’t remember where it was now, but I did find a music go round somewhere just south of Denver, maybe? They had a great selection of used guitars and amps and really fair pricing. I used to shop there a lot. Maybe check their website and see? Might make for a fun afternoon drive if they had several things you wanted to check out.

Hey Jake! There's one down here in the Springs, I don't know if that is the one you're referring to or not? It does often have a good selection at decent prices, I just haven't had any luck with them lately. I have bought a few guitars and amps from them over the years.

EDIT: looks like in the Denver area, there are two: one in Littleton (west) and one in Aurora (east).

Last edited:

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Yeah, it probably was. It had really high action and appeared to have been neglected. I realize setting up is part of guitar ownership, but she wasn't flexible on the price and her price was as much or more than they were new. Was a nice looking guitar with the plain maple top though, I did like that.

Glad I went with the Tokai: cheaper and good to go as is. Sounds good and plays great.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Nice! Is it an MIK axe? How's the build quality and how does it sound and play?

No country of origin noted, pretty sure it's the cheapest of Tokais and made in China would be my guess.

Build quality seems good to me. The electronics were replaced, so maybe they were junk? Pickups as far as I know are original, and sound fine to my ears.

Has a funky headstock and the cutaway isn't as sharp/pronounced as a Gibson. My assumption is maybe made for the US market and those minor cosmetics to avoid litigation? Don't know that, but seems logical.

Here's the headstock, very different than the lawsuit models or even the ones that were kinda/sorta modified Gibson looking.

LR2.jpg

Here's the Love Rock headstock that I've seen most consistently on used listings:

1663755012524.png

Pretty close to a Gibson open bookend headstock.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
How about expanding your search area to Denver? It's only an hour or so away.

Already bought the Tokia Love Rock mentioned a few posts above.

Sometimes I do shop Denver, but it's a hassle I try to avoid. I hate traffic, and it ends up consuming half a Saturday. If I have a couple or few to potentially check out, that makes it more worth my while.

Twang Deluxe

Tele-Afflicted
Also here in Europe it's getting harder to get a used Fender at reasonable price. Last week I tried a few entry level Gretsch Jet guitars and I was surprised about the good quality for the price