1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

No Load Tone Pot

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Gris, Mar 2, 2021.

1. bobk

bobk Tele-Meister

All my new guitars have em....allows a lot of cool possibilities,I couple them with a .1uf tone cap and I’ve been well pleased with the range of tones I’ve been able to get!

2. Boreas

Boreas Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I rarely use mine in the click position because I usually use 500k volume pots. Using both together can get the dogs howling...

3. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

This thread isn't too old and my post is on point, so I'll add here instead of starting a new one...

I went for the no load tone pot because I'm running a neck P90. I have a 500k volume pot and have the pickups RWRP with a 4-way switch.

Without the no load, just the bridge or bridge/neck in parallel are fine, but in series or just the P90 the highs noticeably fall off.

I like how it opens up with the no load engaged. What I don't like is that the bump/stop in the rotation is only when going down from 10 to 9, not up from 9 to 10.

The reason why I would prefer the bump being the other direction is that when I'm on the bridge pickup or in parallel I want it to STOP at 9, but there's no way of knowing where 9 is until you hit 10 and back up. Grrrrr.

That's the ONLY complaint I have with this guitar. Otherwise it is perfect.

(Gratuitous picture attached)

20200701_161941_HDR~2.jpg

Gris likes this.
  4. Gris

Gris Tele-Meister

Thx. I’m using a trad bridge PU & firebird in neck. Haven’t dropped the no-load in yet, will soon. So far I’ve been using 250K pots with a resistor on the vol to up it to ~ 400k. The FB is kind of a lower wind (6.1K A5), so it been working for me OK as is. 815CBB1F-3AF0-472B-939C-09F369FC7FF7.jpeg

jfgesquire likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.