No Guitar in Sight! Guitar withdrawal distress syndrome

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by t-ray, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

If there's a guitar store nearby, go stop in and test drive a few. You don't have to tell them you're not shopping.

awasson likes this.
  2. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

Remember: Life itself is nothing but one long birth withdrawal symptom.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  3. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

"who says you need a guitar?"

4. Thebluesman

Thebluesman Tele-Meister

CHECK INTO TDPRI anonymous!Tell them your name and admit..i am a struggling guitarist..a guitarholic.Tell them your tale....Get immediate response...suggested books to read,players to inspire..,techniques discussed...equipment to use,guitars to sell or purchase...,don't struggle alone unnecessarily ...find a band.,or adapt and play an acoustic guitar too.Welcome the brief visit to those close to you,....and don't forget your nail file.

5. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My mother before she died was the only person in the world who really wanted to hear me play and sing. I kept a guitar at her house.

awasson likes this.
  6. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire

Funny you should say that. I’m generally happy to go for a vacation here and there but I usually bring my Telecaster thing with me and it’s usually only a few days. My wife and I run own business so if I’m not playing guitar, I’m working or getting more work to be doing. We also have a comfortable house that we’ve built over the last 15 years with a back garden and nice big deck to lounge on.

The longest vacation I’ve had in decades would be a week to 10 days. I don’t think in my entire adult life I’ve had longer than that for R & R but that changed this year...

My mom is 87 this year and getting a little frail so we decided to accompany her to England for her visit with friends. She does a pilgrimage to England every two years and stays with her best school friend so we decided this year we would have a vacation at the same time and we’d be her porters to help her with planes, trains and taxi cabs. We got her settled in London with her buddy and then we took off to explore Paris. We came back to London to check in and then headed to Oxford. We took her to visit her brother in the midlands and then got her back to London and we headed to Devon then we met up one more time and we all went to Inverness Scotland.

We were away for an entire month :eek:

I’ve discovered two things:

1) taking a month off from work and my normal life is fantastic! By the end of the trip I was happy to come home because my calendar said I was coming home but if it said we were heading to Spain or Italy, I’d be happy to head to Spain of Italy. I actually didn’t know what day was what. It was awesome :D

2) I can’t afford to do this on a regular basis :cry:

Next time I do this and there will be a next time but next time I go on a long vacation overseas, I’m packing a guitar. I very nearly bought a guitar when I was up in Scotland.

jimilee likes this.
  7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm terrified.

I haven't touched a guitar in 20 days. And I did pretty much the same thing over June/July. I expect the recovery to be longer, this time.

Road trip vacations are wonderful, but there is a cost as you get older. Longer times to bounce back.

8. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

Local Craigslist has an Air Guitar listed for $2. Not sure I trust the seller though - there are no pictures...

Air guitar - $2 (Victoria)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    Matchett rd
    (google map)

condition: like new
    delivery available
    size / dimensions: Average arm length

Pretty sick air guitar. Light wear and tear. I have used this for about 20 years with no issues. Has always rocked pretty hard. Great at parties and casual get togethers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.