NMGD was a blonde Squier Std.

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by tonebro, Nov 3, 2014.

1. tonebro

tonebro Tele-Meister

She started life as a blonde Squier Standard from CME. Changed all the electronics; Fralin Mini Humbucker and Fralin Stock Tele bridge, 2% over. Pots are CTS and cap is .047 SBE. 4-way selector from Oak-Grigsby, wired to 1=bridge,2=bridge + neck in parallel, 3=bridge + neck in series, 4=neck. with top hat switch tip. Knobs are GFS domed black chrome, tuners are Stew-Mac Grover's in black, Stew-Mac Electro-socket input jack in black, GFS black neck plate. Decal by Trey Hays and black matte pickguard by Tony at Pickguardian. I call her my "blonde bombshell". The neck plays great and the p'ups are killer. I've got 11s on her now, but she came with 10s. I do like a wound G and have to run 11s to get there. But, I'm going to go back to 10s 'cause she played so great with them when I first got her. The first pic is what she looked like when I first got her. But in the pics, she looks more white than blonde. Hope you like her!

Attached Files:

2. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

Nice!

3. tonebro

tonebro Tele-Meister

Thanks Tim. I guess you'd be a "first responder". BTW, the Grovers are mid-size, not mini. Thanks, brothers!

4. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Very nice.

5. Clipper

Clipper TDPRI Member

Nice Squier.

I've got a similar Samick ash-body tele that I tried last night to put a 4-way switching upgrade in.

I drilled out the holes to fit the new cts pots and was doing well until I discovered the new Grigsby switch spacing would not fit in my control plate at all.

Not only were the stock mounting hole spacing too narrow for the new switch but the slot was also too short for the throw of the new switch (which I assume to be standard spacing.)

My question is, did you have a similar problem with the Squier control plate or did it fit the standard sized components?

I need to get a new control plate to finish up the 52 Tele project.

I'm wondering if the Squier or a Fender Standard control plate will fit the Samick.

Anyone?

Thx

6. tonebro

tonebro Tele-Meister

No problems at all with the control plate.

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I love it, all the upgrades.

The personalized Logo on the headstock is a nice touch!

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I would bet on the Squier Standard plate, not the Fender.

The radius of the ends of the "hotdog" plate are just a little larger on these "traditional" overseas Squiers. I would avoid the Classic Vibe plates, as they're patterned very closely on the Fender (North America) sized plate.

9. Clipper

Clipper TDPRI Member

Thanks guys for the replys.

Got a new control plate that worked and finished up the wiring.

Not to hijack this thread I'll just settle the issue with a final answer for the next guy that comes along...

Fender PN. 0992058000 "ORIG VINT TELE CONTROL PLATE"

Fit my Samick tele, straight up, bolt-on. All the mounting holes lined up perfectly as well as a good fit into the pickguard. Thinner version plate than my orig. plate I suspect it's likely the same part used on most Squier tele's.

"I love it when a plan comes together." :cool:

I'll start a new thread when I get some pics of the project to post.

Peace

10. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

cool, that is what i sorta have plan for my tele.. changing the hardware over to black.
    new pups, charlie christian in the neck down the road. i like the reverse plate on my FSR so im gonna stay with that when i upgrade the electronics. the hardest part i think im gonna have is finding a black vintage tele bridge plate. im not sure if the MIM fender tele take American spec hardware or Asian, or if MIM has its own spec. the change will be gradual over the following year. so far all iv done is change the chrome strap buttons to black locking ones. and used a allen head screw instead of the typical philips so i do not have to worrie about it ever getting stripped over the life of the guitar hopefully it will last 80 years, and some kid in the future will enjoy the mods iv made. will keep the original hardware and throw it in a case tho. . anyhow, nice axe, subtle changes really can change a guitar and make it feel new and fresh again. :D
    chris.

11. tonebro

tonebro Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.