NMD - New Modeler Day

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
BOSS calls it a multi-effects unit, but it also models amps, so I am calling it a modeler.

gt-1000_front_10_clolors_gal.jpg

BOSS GT-1000 is out for delivery with UPS. I am on pins and needles because they have lost or damaged sooo many packages for me over the years :eek:

Anyway, between the Spark and BOSS amps, I have been using my pedals and my pedal platform amp (TMDR) less and less.
I guess I am getting lazy in my old age and am just getting tired of dealing with physical pedals and all the associated hoopla.
Just sooo much easier "to me" to dial in the effects I want on the panel or in an app than to set up a physical pedal board.

I have spent the better part of the past two weeks selling my pedals and shockingly, I have made enough to pay for the GT-1000 many times over o_O Sold the Tone Master Deluxe Reverb to Guitar Center yesterday and got way more than I expected to. I ordered the GT-1000 and it shipped yesterday out of a GC store near me. Should be here this afternoon.

Mogami Balanced XLR-TRS cables and a fitted BOSS gig bag from Sweetwater will be here tomorrow. I am incorporating the GT-1000 into my recording rig. It is a work in progress, I still need to build a multi-level shelving unit to raise up the iMac and the monitors to get them at a good height and to give me space under them.

20220721_004831048_iOS.jpg

Togman

Tele-Afflicted
Enjoy. I got a Line 6 Helix almost 3 years ago. The best thing I have done in many a year. Having said that, I had 2-3 weeks of head scratching and puzzlement until everything fell into place🙂.

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
Enjoy it, I'm finding the HX stomp plus a mini expression pedal through a Headrush cab does everything I need and much more. The tube amps are sitting there.

Eddiebaby1

Tele-Meister
I love my GT1000 Core. The Boss own design amps are killer. Checkout these guys for tips and free patches:

2022-09-24_04-06-57.jpg

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I love my GT1000 Core. The Boss own design amps are killer. Checkout these guys for tips and free patches:

View attachment 1032527

I have been following Studio Rats for a long time. Great channel!
Also check out Juca Nery, he has a lot of great BOSS content!

I think what sold it for me though is Brett Kingman. I have been following him on Youtube for a long long time.
He actually gigs with his GT-1000 and had nothing but praise for it. I even messaged him on Instagram and he shared more of his thoughts on the GT-1000. I asked for his thoughts of the GT-1000 vs the GX-100. His comment was that he still has the GT-1000 and the GX-100 went back after the review :)

I was already pretty much set on the GT-1000, but his comments sealed the deal for me.

Another video I just ran across yesterday, worth sharing :)

Last edited:

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a Boss GT-100, and I love it. You'll love your GT-1000 once you get a good library of patches for it. The only reason I haven't bought one, or the GX-100 for that matter, is they removed Guitar Sim, and I use it on so many patches, I would never be able to recreate my sounds without it. (it's not the same as AC GUITAR SIMULATOR, or AC RESONANCE)

GuitarSim.jpg

Eddiebaby1

Tele-Meister
I have a Kemper Stage. Brilliant piece of gear that does so much. I still have the GT1000 though. That's got to say something. I keep thinking about selling it but the effects and ability to create amps and dual signal paths means its hard to let go.
And if I got rid of it I'd need to buy a Terra Echo.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I have a Kemper Stage. Brilliant piece of gear that does so much. I still have the GT1000 though. That's got to say something. I keep thinking about selling it but the effects and ability to create amps and dual signal paths means its hard to let go.
And if I got rid of it I'd need to buy a Terra Echo.
Love the Tera Echo. Had the Pedal, but sold it this past week knowing I could still get it from the GT-1000 :)

20220922_175022658_iOS.jpg

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
GT-1000 arrived in one piece.

I don't have the cables to hook it up to the audio interface to try it out yet, tomorrow.
Installed the BOSS GT-1000 USB driver and the GT-1000 Tone Studio on the iMac.
I downloaded the firmware and updated the GT-1000 to the recently released v3.20.

Now I need to do a deep dive into the manual and watch some of the online tutorials.

20220924_192436034_iOS.jpg

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
I had one for a while and lived on the X-Crunch amp. The only reason I got rid of it was…well, I just can’t leave well enough alone.

Eddiebaby1

Tele-Meister
Glad it arrived OK Bob.
I woke early and went for a quick bike ride, got back to an empty house for a couple of hours so settled down for a bit of tweaking of the MiniBoard.
MiniBoard Late Sept 2022.jpg

The FS-7 is just to cycle through patches freeing up two switches on the front for other duties. The Cali76 is in front of the GT1000 and the Deluxe61 and Revival Drive are in loops 1 and 2 respectively.
I think you do lose a bit of quality with the additional D-A/A-D process but the ability to use them or not in any patch is great.
In this patch I have a low gain tweed deluxe being fed by the Deluxe 71 and a natural amp being fed by the Revival Drive. York Audio IRs in the output module.
If you haven't looked already Tone Central in BOSS Tone Studio has some great sounding amp packs available free.
Enjoy it all.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 11.36.23.png

codamedia

Poster Extraordinaire
Congrats on the new modeler. These latest gen modelers really have changed the landscape. I bought into the Helix platform about 4 years ago and absolutely love it, but I know I would have been just as happy with the GT-1000, a Fractal or a Kemper.

Dig in, learn how to get the most out of it, and enjoy.

Last edited:

ucnick

Tele-Meister
Congrats!!!

Been gigging a Fractal FM3+FC6 all summer, my FM9 turbo just arrived yesterday and was blasting away on it last night. Excellent piece of kit, will be gigging it next month, but it will not entirely replace the FM3, which will be used for the small stage gigs.

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Congrats!!!

Been gigging a Fractal FM3+FC6 all summer, my FM9 turbo just arrived yesterday and was blasting away on it last night. Excellent piece of kit, will be gigging it next month, but it will not entirely replace the FM3, which will be used for the small stage gigs.

The FM3 is a surprisingly capable little box!