NMCD: New Mixing Console Day, but I haven't got a clue on what to do with it.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I was at a friend's and he told me that he just recently replaced his old console with a new (As in much smaller) unit and wanted to get rid of the old one. He said "You can have it for free." and a freebee is always hard to say no to.

And thus I ended up with THIS.
    DSC02011.JPG
    DSC02012.JPG Well, it needs to have a new cable fitted first thing when I have the opportunity to open it up that's for sure.

It's a Yamaha MC-1602 and from personal experience I know that Yamaha is good news, dependable workhorses these are.

But I have no idea on what to do with it, all those knobs and switches confuse me.

2. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Well, you could use it for a PA or something. Stuff like this is around but isn't all that useful today. Maybe you could donate it or something.

jimash likes this.
  3. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

That's actually a pretty simple board. Just remember that you only need to learn one channel and the other 15 are just the same. I like mixing sound almost as much as playing guitar. Hit me up if you have any questions. The manual is probably on line. That's always a good place to start.

4. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Meister

Gee I hope the cats alright. Looks like the mixer is sitting on the poor thing. :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.