Nirvana’s ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ remixed in a major key

archtop_fjk

Tele-Holic
Sounds like a song from one of Sting’s albums. 😄

Actually it seems to me that the “new” chord sequence is not the analog to the original Fm Bb Ab Db and so you’re comparing apples with oranges.

Last edited:

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity

Listening to them back to back ... the alterations took out most of the depth and power from the sound when trying to auto-tune the notes. That's the big reason they sound so different and the alteration is weak and unpleasant. Yes, it's a bit more cheery. A better test, but a lot more work, would be recording segments of the song both Major/Minor with the same rig.

Original, auto-tuned.

Minor key ... different styles

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I used to have to play that song in a bar band I was in in Colorado. good song. I kind of like the remix, it sounds interesting and I think it is a great way to have a conversation about how we 'think' and how we 'feel' and mix up the two.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
That's not horrible; it's really nice...which is horrible.
I'm working in the other direction.
I've written a bunch of songs recently that just sound, well, too nice.
So, I'm changing the odd chord here & there to make them sound more dark, depressing & downright evil. 👿

Oxidao

Tele-Holic
Heard a bit... and I think it could be a not too bad song (with a horrible production), if we didn't know the original.

Major and Minor straight swapping may be funny as a joke, but useless at all.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm not an expert on that song, but it kinda sounds like they also changed other stuff.