NHD : 2 guitars for one day

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
Hello,

Following my presentation... here is my first NGD to present my 2 beloved Telecaster.

A now classic, American Pro II in this famous Dark Night (and not dark knight even if I found this name better in marketing terms) finish.

IMG_3048.jpg
IMG_3049.jpg

A very classical American Pro in natural Butterscotch Blonde with one pieces ash body and maple neck that it is a rarity because only 233 units exactly were produced during 2018 & 2019: it is a Fender American Pro Limited Edition (FSR) Telecaster with a Shawbucker T1 in the neck position (mine is made in 2019).

IMG_3254.jpg

Hope you like it.

Last edited:

IrishBread69

Tele-Meister
Cool guitars, both of them!

How did you obtain the run number for the Pro? Aren't Fender notoriously secretive with details like that?

aleski

Tele-Meister
Hello,

Following my presentation... here is my first NGD to present my 2 beloved Telecaster.

A now classic, American Pro II in this famous Dark Night (and not dark knight even if I found this name better in marketing terms) finish.

View attachment 979198 View attachment 979199

A very classical American Pro in natural Butterscotch Blonde with one pieces ash body and maple neck that it is a rarity because only 233 units exactly were produced during 2018 & 2019: it is a Fender American Pro Limited Edition (FSR) Telecaster with a Shawbucker T1 in the neck position (mine is made in 2019).

View attachment 979201

Hope you like it.

Cool guitars. I'm also curious about the hifi - I think I see a Rega tonearm, but I can't be too sure.

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
Cool guitars. I'm also curious about the hifi - I think I see a Rega tonearm, but I can't be too sure.

You got hawk eyes ;)

Yes, the vinyl machine is a Rega P6 with a Rega Exact cartridge. Electronics are Naim Audio (you can see an Uniti Nova) and speakers are Harbeth P3ESR 40th Anniversary Limited Edition. Yes, I like english hifi :cool:

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
Hello friends,

A small update to my 2019 LTD American Pro Telecaster today...

Fender mounted knurled rounded top volume/tone buttons (made in USA, Fender Pure Vintage catalog part reference is 0095799049) that are from the 60's ... but they install a round modern plastic tip on the 3-ways selector !
In the 60's, as far as I know, Telecaster with these volume/tone buttons got a 3-ways selector that have a Top-Hat style tip.

So, even if it is a "modern" Telecaster, I want to made it "year correct" for the buttons & tip and therefore I installed Fender original Top-Hat tip from their Pure Vintage catalog (part reference is 0994937000).
Those Top-Hat tips are made is USA, with bakelite not plastic (even if Fender list it as plastic on their web page), sold by 2 (you got a spare in case of lost) and I found that they looks very good on my Telecaster.

To my eyes, it is perfect and I really like the result. Fonctionnality is perfect too.
Last but not least : the original plastic tip often want to live by itself ... but the Top-Hat is very tight on the switch, much more tight and therefore it feel attached much more securely.

Here are some updated pictures :

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg
IMG_3289.jpg

Got a new tubes amp too, a Marshall DSL20CR ... but it will be presented in a NAD soon ...

IMG_3291.jpg

Last edited:

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Looks like someone had some money. Both are beautiful, though I personally lean to the Keefe style. If that is a genuine cunife in the neck position, you will be a very happy camper. Thanx 4 posting the pics

Frenchy_JC

TDPRI Member
Thanks guys. Both are a real pleasure to play. They got each their personnality, more vintage for the blue, more rock for the blonde... a perfect match with both the Vox AC15C1 and the Marshall DSL20CR that I just start to discover (and it sounds very good too even if my heart is sold to the Vox)