1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGsD

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Throttleneck, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

Hi Folks,

My son decided that he really wants a Stratocaster as his next guitar. For reasons that are really pertinent to the story I needed to find a guitar in the next month to give to him at Christmas. He is a big fan of both Clapton and Hendrix.

I have kept my eyes open and I ended up with not one but two Strats this week. I am going to give him the choice of which one he wants and then keep the other as I have no Strats.

Here they are:

[​IMG]

The white with the rosewood board is a 1995 and it is just pristine. Not a scuff mark not a scratch not a ding. Just perfect. It doesn't look like it has ever been played. It came with an old hard shell SKB case that is also pristine. The case it made specifically for a strat. His has a liner that fits around the guitar that is padded and has pads to hold the guitar in place. Really cool and mint. It sounds and plays great. $300.00 for both guitar anc case.

The black with the maple neck is a 1999. I don't think it has every been played. The plastic was still on the pickguard - but you could not see it. It had no scratches or marks. Again the guitar is just like the day it was made. Except I did take the pickguard plastic off. It came with a Fender Frontman 15G amp which I immediately sold for 35.00. It also came with a tuner, strap, and some books - which I sold for $10.00. I paid $260.00 for the guitar and everything that came with it.

Both guitars sound great. I have been looking for months and then found these two with a few days of each other.

He is going to be so dang happy, but now I have to wait to Christmas to see his excitement. :)

2. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

If it was a few days ago it would be Christmas in July! Nice guitars btw.

3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Supa fine guitars. Congrats - either way, lucky son.

4. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

nice scores!

5. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Friend of Leo's

Both are keepers for sure. Heckuva deal. Congrats.

6. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

I like that they have kind of a ying / yang quality as a pair.

7. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I'd be torn if I were him.. The black looks better, but I kinda prefer playing on rosewood boards.

Cool gift, no matter which he chooses!

8. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Those are two beautiful guitars.He's going to have a tough choice to make

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.