NGD

teletail

Friend of Leo's
Well, I have a love/hate relationship with Gretsch guitars and I've gotten rid of all but one and swore I'd never get another. So of course I bought another one. It's a 1979 Gretsch Country Club. It sounds much more like a Gibson than a Gretsch, to my ears anyway. Plays really well, was able to set it up nice and low. It had a ton of **** on the fingerboard, but thanks to some great suggestions on here I was able to get that squared away. Got is all polished up and it looks, plays and sounds like a million dollars. It won't replace my Doc Fisher, but I may be back on the Gretsch bandwagon. Just need to look out for Gretsch guitars like this one.

Gretsch Country Club.jpeg

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Well, I have a love/hate relationship with Gretsch guitars and I've gotten rid of all but one and swore I'd never get another. So of course I bought another one. It's a 1979 Gretsch Country Club. It sounds much more like a Gibson than a Gretsch, to my ears anyway. Plays really well, was able to set it up nice and low. It had a ton of **** on the fingerboard, but thanks to some great suggestions on here I was able to get that squared away. Got is all polished up and it looks, plays and sounds like a million dollars. It won't replace my Doc Fisher, but I may be back on the Gretsch bandwagon. Just need to look out for Gretsch guitars like this one.

View attachment 1000952
Wow, that's a real beauty! Congrats, welcome back. I Love Gretsches.

BTW, the newer Gretsch Players Edition hollowbodies play and sound really good. I've got two of 'em and I love 'em, they've got that real Gretsch twang!

Last edited:

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats on the Country Club, great looking one you have there. I need one to go with my other 10 Gretsch guitars.
Enjoy and HNGD. Plenty of great Gretsch to be found.

johmica

Tele-Afflicted
That bridge . . .

But also, if you've gone down the Gretsch path, have you ever owned or played a Billy Bo? I LOVE the profile, and I LOVE Billy Gibbons, but as a lefty, the investment is $4k sight unseen, if I'm lucky (there's not a single one on the market right now). If you've spent time with one, I'd like to know what you thought . . .