NGD

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
A while back I bought a PRS Special Semihollow. It was my first Core PRS and probably the best guitar I've ever owned in terms of playability, fit, and finish, which is saying a lot because I've been lucky to own some good ones. While I loved the vocal and breathy quality of the tone, it lacked the snap and bite that I look for as a Tele player.

I knew I wanted another PRS and settled on the CE24 figuring the bolt on maple neck and steel bridge would give me the "Teleness" the Special Semi was lacking. Only been able to play a little today but so far I think it's going to work! Will get to put her through her paces at band practice tomorrow.

I went through Musicians Friend despite all the horror stories because they had the color I wanted, faded gray black, but called the private reserve number. I have to say it was one of the best buying experiences I've had. The rep pulled several guitars from their Distribution Center inventory and let me see and listen to them via Zoom. He gave me a good discount, and overnighted the guitar to me free of charge with a hand written thank you note. Really awesome customer service.
20220413_145753~2.jpg

Last edited:

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Congrats! My #1 and #3 guitars are PRS (Silver Sky and SE Paul's Guitar). I love them both.
Oh man, the Silver Sky is definitely on my list. Played one last year in Florida that was magical, for lack of a better word. Talked myself out of it in a rare moment of frugality. It was so good that to this day my wife, who is usually pretty neutral with her opinions on guitars, gives me crap for not buying it. Have heard nothing but good things about the SE Paul's.
Nice, like the color (is that your reflection on the guitar?).
Thanks! Yep, that's me haha.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
Oh man, the Silver Sky is definitely on my list. Played one last year in Florida that was magical, for lack of a better word. Talked myself out of it in a rare moment of frugality. It was so good that to this day my wife, who is usually pretty neutral with her opinions on guitars, gives me crap for not buying it. Have heard nothing but good things about the SE Paul's.

Thanks! Yep, that's me haha.
As @Jakedog has reported in other threads (and I concur but I'm just a newbie), the SS is a magnificent guitar. If the SE Silver Sky is half as good as the core, it's worth twice what they're charging for them.

markal

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats! It looks great and glad you got good service from MF. PRS makes great guitars. I have an S2 Singlecut Standard (my #1) and an SE Hollowbody II and absolutely love them both.

I’m jealous of your CE24! I’ve been coveting one. While I love my tele, I generally prefer the 25” scale and so I think a CE would work well.

Anyway, enjoy it! Report back how it goes at practice and gigs.

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Congrats! It looks great and glad you got good service from MF. PRS makes great guitars. I have an S2 Singlecut Standard (my #1) and an SE Hollowbody II and absolutely love them both.

I’m jealous of your CE24! I’ve been coveting one. While I love my tele, I generally prefer the 25” scale and so I think a CE would work well.

Anyway, enjoy it! Report back how it goes at practice and gigs.
Thanks! Yeah, PRS is slowly but surely turning into my favorite big brand guitar maker. How do you like the Hollowbody II? I'd really like to try one. The CE definitely has some Tele vibes, I think you'd dig it.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
As @Jakedog has reported in other threads (and I concur but I'm just a newbie), the SS is a magnificent guitar. If the SE Silver Sky is half as good as the core, it's worth twice what they're charging for them.
Ah… the Silver Sky…

I’ve had mine 7 months now. It’s actually starting to get a little beat up. Cause I can’t stop playing it. I haven’t taken any other electric guitar to a gig since I got it.

It’s just sick. No guitar should be this good. It just doesn’t seem right.

And yes. Agreed. If the SE model is even half as good, I’d pay double what they’re asking for them. No question. The only thing that might stop me from doing so would be the ability to purchase a second US model Silver Sky. Which I’m seriously hoping for.