NGD!!

Mr Swisher

Tele-Meister
I can't even attempt to justify this.
Just imagine a long tale where I tell you all how this makes sense, but none of you believe it, ending with "I got a new Strat".

Custom Shop Sweetwater Dealer Select GT11 60s in Sonic Blue. It's good.
IMG_20220222_073450.jpg
IMG_20220222_073503.jpg
IMG_20220222_073511.jpg
IMG_20220225_172019.jpg
IMG_20220225_172122.jpg
h6ypbvhzjirobn1g0v8e.jpg

Last edited:

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
Justify it? It justifies itself! There is no better model Strat, IMO, than that. Period. You even got underwound pickups, which are my favorites by far over the fat, hot, etc. stuff that is more common. Sonic Blue, aged, is a gorgeous color. And CS relic-work is excellent, not only in cosmetics, which are not that important to me, but in rolled fretboards and other effects that add to playability. IMO, that's a better guitar by a considerable stretch than the "real thing." It's built better. I have a similar guitar -- a 1960 (not 60s) Relic but with a birdseye neck (John Cruz made) and dark rosewood, 3T sunburst. It still impresses me every time I pick it up. I really like how the CS is able to serve players with different preferences, though in this case your guitar has everything I love and nothing I don't! What an instrument!

Mr Swisher

Tele-Meister
Justify it? It justifies itself! There is no better model Strat, IMO, than that. Period. You even got underwound pickups, which are my favorites by far over the fat, hot, etc. stuff that is more common. Sonic Blue, aged, is a gorgeous color. And CS relic-work is excellent, not only in cosmetics, which are not that important to me, but in rolled fretboards and other effects that add to playability. IMO, that's a better guitar by a considerable stretch than the "real thing." It's built better. I have a similar guitar -- a 1960 (not 60s) Relic but with a birdseye neck (John Cruz made) and dark rosewood, 3T sunburst. It still impresses me every time I pick it up. I really like how the CS is able to serve players with different preferences, though in this case your guitar has everything I love and nothing I don't! What an instrument!
Thank you!

This was not a planned purchase but the combination of specs was just too good to pass on. Roasted body and neck, sonic blue, 11"radius etc etc and the sweetest Strat pickups I've ever heard.

Plus I think the CS are doing some great relics. It goes way beyond looks.. they make a guitar really feel like it's already told a thousand stories and seen hundreds of stage.

See.. I did justify it after all :D