NGD

TG

Doctor of Teleocity
I sold an acoustic and bought myself a Harley Benton SC450 P90 goldtop.
I had one of these several years back and regretted selling it so I got another one. Incredible guitar for the money (€159).
Quite a chunky neck, a bit like a Gibson 50s profile. Sounds fine. Plays good after a setup and a fret polish. The colour is much more coppery gold than the one I had before, but I like it. I need to do a bit of work today in order to adjust the pickup height, as the neck pickup needs to be lowered but won't and the bridge pickup needs to be raised but won't...but generally the construction and finish is fine.

20220125_224116.jpg
20220125_224121.jpg

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Happy NGD!
I have a couple of HB guitars myself and I'm contemplating an 8-string fanfret from HB atm.

Reactions: TG

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
I had one of these for a while. It needed some setup and a new nut, but it was basically pretty great. I couldn't believe how good the pickups were.

I finally moved it on because I just didn't bond with it. I just don't like LPs. I find the body totally unergonomic. The neck shape felt a little weird, too.

But a totally credible guitar. I only did one gig with it, and it was great.

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
I sold an acoustic and bought myself a Harley Benton SC450 P90 goldtop.
I had one of these several years back and regretted selling it so I got another one. Incredible guitar for the money (€159).
Quite a chunky neck, a bit like a Gibson 50s profile. Sounds fine. Plays good after a setup and a fret polish. The colour is much more coppery gold than the one I had before, but I like it. I need to do a bit of work today in order to adjust the pickup height, as the neck pickup needs to be lowered but won't and the bridge pickup needs to be raised but won't...but generally the construction and finish is fine.

View attachment 944578 View attachment 944579
I'd be interesting in knowing how the pickup adjustment issue gets sorted out.

Tarkus60

Tele-Holic
Nice...good deal. I have been looking at HB jazz bass. They all get good reviews.