NGD

TG

Doctor of Teleocity
Did a trade yesterday and landed a nice little Squier CV 60s Mustang. I had to drive nearly across the country to meet the fellow (don't be impressed Americans, it's only a few hours) but it was worth it.

20211017_092149.jpg

I've had Mustangs before and struggled with them playing onstage, but now I only sofa noodle so I thought the shortscale thing would be good. I'm also not even going to try to use the vibrato so I lowered the cigar bar right down. I'm finding that resting on the sofa I can get my hand very comfortably in between the bar and the saddles and play fingerstyle.

Very pleased.

dublindave8456

TDPRI Member
Did a trade yesterday and landed a nice little Squier CV 60s Mustang. I had to drive nearly across the country to meet the fellow (don't be impressed Americans, it's only a few hours) but it was worth it.

View attachment 910498

I've had Mustangs before and struggled with them playing onstage, but now I only sofa noodle so I thought the shortscale thing would be good. I'm also not even going to try to use the vibrato so I lowered the cigar bar right down. I'm finding that resting on the sofa I can get my hand very comfortably in between the bar and the saddles and play fingerstyle.

Very pleased.

nice catch....
seldom see posts from Ireland, thanks......

Reactions: TG

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
I had to drive nearly across the country to meet the fellow (don't be impressed Americans, it's only a few hours) but it was worth.

I assumed it was a typo. I thought you meant to write, “county.”

The guitar looks great.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Very nice. Enjoy that thing! It was trying a couple of CV Mustangs that got my mind headed that direction. Didn’t buy a Squier in the end, but I have to say I love my short-scale Mustang-ish guitar.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That’s a great looking Mustang.
Congrats!

Too far to drive across Texas. But if they would ship it to me…

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
All the way from Dublin to Galway is, um, yeah, not an impressive road trip for us, but the guitar is cool! Nice.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
Nice! I had one of these in the same color, but ended up selling it. The tube thing can be pressed on with the palm of your hand to effect a little warble without using the trem bar. I really liked that. I thought the out of phase sounds were awful, but some people like them. Love the neck on these CV Mustangs!

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
Very nice. Enjoy that thing! It was trying a couple of CV Mustangs that got my mind headed that direction. Didn’t buy a Squier in the end, but I have to say I love my short-scale Mustang-ish guitar.
Are you talking about IYV you have? I've seen those and been tempted. They're ridiculously cheap.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Are you talking about IYV you have? I've seen those and been tempted. They're ridiculously cheap.
Yes. I have no idea how consistent they are, but mine was mid-Squier quality on arrival. I didn’t spend any time with a CV through my own setup, but the stock Squier pickups sounded pretty good in the store. The IYV pickups were good, but not quite good enough. I Bootstrap-ed it. I think the Squier has the 3 way sliders to give out-of-phase, but the IYV switches are just on-off for the pickups. I also don’t like the tuners, but the IYV has the Jag/JM style vibrato, so there’s that… In the end, a CV Squier would have been not much more money than my total spent, but I like to personalize anyway… :D

Oh, and mine only came in boring vintage white—if I had my druthers, I would have picked something like the OP did.