NGD!!!

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Tuesday I picked up a used 2005 Squier Standard Jagmaster from a dude on Facebook marketplace. I paid 200 for it. I forgot to get a pic of this but he replaced the tuners with Fender brand tuners. Otherwise its stock from what I can tell.

When I got the action as low as I like it I get a little buzzing on fret 1 of the 2nd and 3rd string. I think I've identified the high fret causing it and I will try and fix that. It's still very playable but not if I'm gonna do a song with a lot of Emajor and Aminor open chords. LOL.

But dang I'm sort of taken aback by how much I like it. I don't know if it's newness or what but the 24" scale is quite interesting. I put .11s on it and I don't hear myself bending notes when fretting. I did a little when playing with the 10s it had on it. But it wasn't too much with that. I wasn't sure if I was gonna have to move up to 12s but so far I don't think it's necessary. I play 11s on everything across the board thus far.

But dang I like the sound of it. I haven't had humbuckers in a LONG time and I'm digging. I can roll off the volume to get cleaner to but most of the time I'm playing a bit of gain on my clean. Just a little break up. And then there is the opportunity to do higher gain than my single coils if I want.

Any of you guys really like 24" scale? It's my first one and I'm kind of like, wow, I really like this. Kinda makes me want to try 24.75 too with 11s to see how much I'd like that. I was sort of hoping to find a decent cheaper SG. But I like the looks of an offset better anyways.....

I decked the bridge and cleaned it up. I had to glue the nut back in cuz I noticed it was loose when I was cleaning it.

To me the electronics look legit and decent. I'm pretty sure those are alnico pups. And the pots look bigger than my other Squiers.

You guys can maybe tell me what you think...

Attachments

• IMG_50901.jpg
    IMG_50901.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_50881 (1).jpg
    IMG_50881 (1).jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_50841.jpg
    IMG_50841.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_50831.jpg
    IMG_50831.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 103

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I like the 24.5" to 25" scales more than the 25.5" scale. Haven't had a 24" yet, but that's about to change.

Congrats.

Zepfan

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Right now I'm building a 24" Tres Cubano CBG, but I have a upcoming 24" Offset/Spectrum 5 style build as well.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
I have two 24" scale guitars and really enjoy how this scale length inspires chord extensions and wider spreads on single note runs. I'm using 10.5 Daddarios on my Jag and Ernie Ball Power Slinky .11s on the Duo Sonic. That's a great string for 24" scale necks.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks guys. The love is continuuing. I have not got to play it hours on end. A very busy week with my mother in law staying here. And I don't want to wake her up in the middle of the night. And other stuff going on but what I have played each night I'm like daaaang, I like it I like it.

In fact it even brought out a new tone option. I usually run my vox cambridge with the gain boost always on with my Tele and Strat but now I feel like I can use it both ways... Off and on, with this guitar at least. I need a footswitch for it now. LOL.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Tuesday I picked up a used 2005 Squier Standard Jagmaster from a dude on Facebook marketplace. I paid 200 for it. I forgot to get a pic of this but he replaced the tuners with Fender brand tuners. Otherwise its stock from what I can tell.

When I got the action as low as I like it I get a little buzzing on fret 1 of the 2nd and 3rd string. I think I've identified the high fret causing it and I will try and fix that. It's still very playable but not if I'm gonna do a song with a lot of Emajor and Aminor open chords. LOL.

But dang I'm sort of taken aback by how much I like it. I don't know if it's newness or what but the 24" scale is quite interesting. I put .11s on it and I don't hear myself bending notes when fretting. I did a little when playing with the 10s it had on it. But it wasn't too much with that. I wasn't sure if I was gonna have to move up to 12s but so far I don't think it's necessary. I play 11s on everything across the board thus far.

But dang I like the sound of it. I haven't had humbuckers in a LONG time and I'm digging. I can roll off the volume to get cleaner to but most of the time I'm playing a bit of gain on my clean. Just a little break up. And then there is the opportunity to do higher gain than my single coils if I want.

Any of you guys really like 24" scale? It's my first one and I'm kind of like, wow, I really like this. Kinda makes me want to try 24.75 too with 11s to see how much I'd like that. I was sort of hoping to find a decent cheaper SG. But I like the looks of an offset better anyways.....

I decked the bridge and cleaned it up. I had to glue the nut back in cuz I noticed it was loose when I was cleaning it.

To me the electronics look legit and decent. I'm pretty sure those are alnico pups. And the pots look bigger than my other Squiers.

You guys can maybe tell me what you think...
Way cool guitar! Like the humbuckers and the Strat trem. I would've decked it too. BTW what kind of wood is the body made out of? The fretboard has to be rosewood because most guitars in 2005 were still being made with rosewood fretboards. I'm going to keep an eye out for one of these too.

BTW I picked up a MiM 2020 Duosonic with a 24" scale a year ago and I like it a lot. The short scale is slightly different, but feels good after a few minutes. It has an alder body, pau ferro fretboard and hardtail bridge. Love the way it sounds and feels. Kind of gives me another tone to go to when I want something different than a Tele, Strat or Gibson sound.

FndrDuosonic.jpg

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, the specs say it's Alder too. I wouldn't know by looking at it. I didn't take the neck out. I didn't really want to. I'd rather leave it and play it and not ask for trouble. It does seem like it could use a shim, but so far I got the action about where I like and there is still room to go down on the saddles.

I wish all my guitars were hardtails. To me they just don't stay in tune that well when they're not. I'm sure someone else knows how to fix that, but...... Not me.

Oh yeah @mexicanyella It's going to be used on one I'm working on right now. I'm having an issue dumping the drums into reaper. That I've never had before. LOL. Usually I just drag right from the email.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Nice!

I have been thoroughly enjoying my 24” scale guitar. I now rotate through my four guitars, 24, 24, 25.5, and 29.75. I think I play all of them better now that I change scale length more often.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, it's weird, I feel like it's helping my playing too. LOL. I'm not sure why. But I'm still in the mindset that the 24 is more.... buttery... Or something. And yeah it feels like I can reach things easier on it.

It's gonna make me want a short scale bass to try out. LOL.

A bit better pic. Took it with my wife's phone (much better thane mine) and right in front of the sliding glass door.

Attachments

• IMG_51521.jpg
    IMG_51521.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 17