1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NGD Winston Acoustic

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by rhythmjones, Sep 21, 2014.

1. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

Went over to my friend's house last night. He's redoing his basement (complete with a music room) and he's trying to get rid of stuff.

He grabs this crappy old acoustic he had gathering dust and said "Do you want this?"

I actually have been thinking about a crappy old beater acoustic to have around so I said "Yeah!"

[​IMG]

It's a Japanese Silvertone/Harmony copy, which is hilarious. The action is a little high (there's a truss rod but it's not adjustable) but it's playable and just exactly as crappy as I wanted it to be. I'm going to throw some nylons on it.

2. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Those nylons won't last long. They need those big round plastic cylinders to roll on so they don't break. Just put light or extra light steel strings, shave the saddle if there's any left to shave, and play the bejeepers out of it. Cool gitter. Love the screws on the pickguard, kind of like a tele!

3. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

The truss rod is not for adjusting action anyway.

Crap, it does look like a bottom of the food chain Harmony clone. And that is funny.

Winston was one of the brand names used by Kent. Most of the ones I have run across seem to date from the mid-1960s.

4. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Winston is from the 60's and everyone I've ever seen is complete junk.
    Im suprised that they made a guitar that you can play.
    The only ones I've seen were solidbodies, didn't know they made acoustics.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.