NGD - What did I just buy?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by LOSTVENTURE, Jun 18, 2011.

1. audiohatemchine

audiohatemchine Tele-Holic

Hey, how do I know if I've got carpal tunnel? Just sorta hijacking the thread a bit here but I went to chop a piece of wire with the ol' pliers today and my whole hand felt like someone had poured molten iron through it. Wrist just about went under too. Not a pleasant feeling.

Please ignore if completely irrelevant.

2. gnolivos

gnolivos Tele-Meister

Had never heard about this model, but must look into! I already own a very nice LP Classic Antique, with full binding around the headstock -- so never really considered another LP that I could like better. But P90's in this tap configuration have me itching!

3. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

OK, I've had time to do a little further research. This model was just released around the first of June, 2011. Mine was built on the 4th of May. They are only going to be sold through the stores (GC) and have yet to appear on their web site. I have not heard the term "Limited Edition" useed yet. That will probably have something to do with their popularity.
    Concerning Carpal Tunnell, to me it feels like hitting a live wire. The shock goes from my fingers right up to my sholder. It ofter leaves my hand tingling for a while after the initial attack. Fortunatley, if I take a break, and sometimes a couple of asperin, I can get back to playing in a hour or so.
    Don

4. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's

i went and played the Black and the GT again tonight at the GC in my town. I definetly prefer the GT, and the pots worked fine. When I looked close it seemed like the finishing around the heel on both guitars was a little rough, the GT was missing some finish on the headstock.

Are the finishes on yours perfect? I am used to seeing better finishes on Gibsons....

They are having a 15% trade up deal this weekend....I think I am getting one, but I might have them order one for me.

5. mattdean4130

mattdean4130 Tele-Afflicted

Beautiful guitar! I picked up a P90 LP not too long ago myself (allbeit a copy, i can't afford a gibby right now) and i absolutely fell in love with it. It's now my no1 for my band. Very smooth creamy cleans, and very snarly dirty dirts... Mmmmm

6. scantron81

scantron81 Tele-Afflicted

That is very dreamy!

7. binkydognose

binkydognose Tele-Afflicted

My gold top is not perfectly smooth on the sides of the headstock and along the joint of the heel, there's a bit of ripple but well covered. The rest is perfect. Doesn't bother me a bit because it plays and sounds so great. I can understand if it bugs someone else because they're not inexpensive. Mine was about $1700 out the door.
    Got to say the finish of the neck and setup are really well done, I love the smooth transition of the binding onto the fret ends, super clean and comfy.

8. binkydognose

binkydognose Tele-Afflicted

You may have to modify your sig Matt!

9. mattdean4130

mattdean4130 Tele-Afflicted

:lol: yeah. Actually i still prefer the scale length and neck on my tele, so i still use it at home - but the LP suits the direction my band's heading and is alot more stable with tuning and intonation, as well as a bigger sound :)

10. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the reply. Other Gibsons I have or have traded have all been pretty much flawless in the finish department. And yes, $1700 is a lot for a guitar, but it is pretty reasonable for a LP with binding, gold top and Pleck job.

11. oldmark

oldmark Tele-Holic

Long ago thread...but I bought an ebony version of this Trad Pro P90 Les Paul a few years ago...Gibson made them for about a year, 2011 - 2012. as a special for Guitar Center...the ebony has a '60's style neck and the Gold Top has a fatter '50's style neck. This is my favorite Les Paul, and tied for my favorite Gibson with my '54 LP Custom re-issue, which is about 3 times the money. Just great to play.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.