NGD - Well Maybe?

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Meister

Strongly thinking about buying a Fender Postmodern Telecaster but wanted to see what TDPRI members have to say on the "pros & cons". I have sent PMs to a couple of identified owners but have not received any replies so:

If you own or have played a Postmodern Telecaster please let me know your thoughts - Likes / Dislikes.

Thanks,

Tenderfoot

Update: It's been ordered and will arrive mid Feb 2016 (ordered by Sweetwater on 10/15/2015 so it will be factory fresh). Will post comments a week or so after delivery along with pictures. In the meantime please post any comments you might have about the guitar and / or the Fender Custom Shop warranty that is provide upon registering the guitar. If you have done business with Sweetwater lets hear about your experience - so far my several purchase have been satisfactory.

Now the wait begins.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

Likes: Amazing guitar (NOS one, haven't tried Journeyman), built well at a very good price for new CS stuff. Sounds great. Real Fender. Shiny. All the good specs.

Dislikes: I don't have one. I dislike like that I don't have one.

3. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

I have the Dakota Red NOS Postmodern and it's a great guitar. Playability is top notch and it has specs you just don't find in many guitars:
    Mid 60s C quarter sewn neck
    Compound Radius 9.5-12
    21 6105 Frets
    Vintage Style Tuning machines
    Contour Neck Heel
    Compensate RSD Tele Bridge/Saddles
    Twisted Tele PUs

There's just not much to dislike in this guitar. It's killer

Attached Files:

4. aquaboi924

aquaboi924 Tele-Meister

My friend has the journeyman relic. He likes it a lot. And he's a custom shop gibson guy.

5. Jimisaint

Jimisaint TDPRI Member

I received it Friday and I haven't quit playing it. I just bought a used '51 Customers Shop Nocaster, but I didn't really click with it, so I traded it in for the Postmodern NOS. I thought I was getting the Journeyman finish and when I first looked at it I wasn't really excited, but as soon as I plugged it in and started playing... I haven't put it down. I fell in love with the with the color (Dakota Red) and the playability is great! I also love the Twisted Tele pick-ups and the Greasebucket tone circuit is very cool. Get it! You will be glad you did...

6. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

I've played several. They're VERY nice. A CS instrument coming in at UNDER $3k is also very nice.

They look great, feel great, sound great. You won't regret it.

7. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Meister

NGD - CS 2015 Post Modern Tele NOS Got It!

Sweetwater delivered early!

I was up till 1:30 AM playing this new tele! My (adult) son also played it and together we gave it an A which, in a few months, after break-in, will (most likely) go to an A+. [Although we are county players] What my son and I liked about the guitar is that you can get into Strat country just enough to have some good “R&R” sounds – think “Smoke on the Water” or “Sun Shine of Your Love” opening riffs when using middle position and Don Rich riffs back on the bridge position. Dare to say you can even get into some SRV sounds!

Between my son and I we have 5 telecasters and only this Postmodern NOS Tele and my sons Whitfill will NOT require any upgrades and stay in original FOB build configuration.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.