NGD walnut is king??

zombywoof

Friend of Leo's
While opinion is not fact it is food for thought. That said, I am skeptical of how well-suited walnut is for fingerboards. It does not have the density/hardness to hold up to the wear fingerboards tend to be subjected to. I also gather walnut boards also do not hold the frets well leading some builders (I gather not Gibson though) to go with epoxied fingerboards.

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Beautiful! Congrats! I had a black walnut 000-18 that was killer. Kind of an underrated wood.

Last edited:

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Beautiful. I'm more of Martin fan but that J45 has got me taking another look at Gibson. (Larrivee also does a number of real nice guitars in walnut too. Such a great look.)

Aaron1061

Tele-Holic
Walnut is great, I love the aesthetics and working the wood. It's easy, forgiving, beautiful, bends well. Unfortunately back and sides have little to no impact in the sound you are getting from an accoustics.. it's mainly the top/bridge/neck combo, that does the work. Beautiful guitar though, congrats!:)
I used to agree! However I’ve had this guitar in walnut and rosewood prior and the rosewood b/s had a definite different tone. More bright and not as loud. Whereas the two walnut sound identical. All 3 spruce tops!