NGD: Von K Guitars T-Time Supreme Tele Aged Shell Pink With Top Binding Relic Nitro Lacquer Finish

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Brucesu, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Brucesu

Brucesu Tele-Meister

Hi telefolks,

I wanna show off my new tele to you guys. I've been trying to find a tele guitar for a little while now, and today I found my keeper. It is a Von K Tele in pink with a bound top and black back with a maple fretboard.

I initially had some problems with the guitar, and I was going to send it back. The color combo is just too awesome to let go, so I brought it down to my guitar tech. He did some initial adjustments and it played better, but still had buzzing around the 12-15th frets. I left it at the shop (J&M Guitars in Phoenix, AZ) so my tech (Mike Patruno) can do fretwork and a proper setup on it. Mr. Von K was a cool guy and paid for the tech fees.

This guitar really inspired me to play and not worry about dinging the finish or breaking the headstock. I can't wait to get it back from the shop! In the meantime, I ordered a super cool Allen Eden(Nash?) teardrop case with a bunch of hot girl pinup stickers!

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3373.JPG

IMG_3372.JPG

IMG_3374.JPG

DSC01339_1024x1024.jpg
    DSC01344_1024x1024.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 10.53.43 PM.png

Here are links to the good people I mentioned above:

https://reverb.com/shop/von-k-guitars

https://www.jmguitarphx.com

https://www.edenguitars.com/collect...-white-guitar-case-with-burgundy-plush-lining

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool!

Brucesu likes this.
  3. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

You had me at aged shell pink. But the black guard looks wrong to me. I'd be going white guard - even with the black back.

But you know what? It's aged shell pink. So in my book it's still great with the black guard.

Brucesu likes this.
  4. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That looks killer. When you get it back, we'd love to hear a demo and see more pictures of it (and of course your tricked out case). Enjoy!

Brucesu likes this.
  5. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Im liking the hell out of it, and that is a very nice case to top it off!! Well done. Oh, Mike P. is a heck of a Tech. (plug) and a great easy to get along with guy.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Brucesu likes this.
  6. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Killer color!

7. Brucesu

Brucesu Tele-Meister

So just an update, I’ll record sound demos later when I figure out how to play something decent.

But in the meantime, this tele is the coolest one I’ve had! I had my tech set it up and stuff, and now it feels really nice.

The sound I get is alright compared to a Fender 52 reissue with nocaster pickups. The neck pickup is dark while the bridge pup rips paint off the walls. I may or may not change out the pickups down the road. It has seymour Duncan antiquity pups.

This guitar feels exactly like how it looks. Classy and trashy. The top bounded with shell pink and the black back trashed up looks so cool.

I’m definitely keeping this guitar forever! If you guys are interested in VonK Guitars I’d say go for it. You may need to get it setup properly though.

Heeeeee, I love this guitar! Never in a million years would I have thought to buy a pink guitar. The black contrast reminds me of Avril Lavigne or something.

8. Brucesu

Brucesu Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.