NGD Vintera 50s Road Worn

Uncle Daddy

Friend of Leo's
Got a 20% off deal on this one, which was a good start. I love the neck, a fat U profile with some rolling over and modern frets rather than vintage skinnies. Satin finished too, which was a nice surprise. The colour is more yellow than all the promotional stuff I've seen, but it's growing on me. Punchy pickups. Really it could have done with more ageing on the metal work, the chrome is still a bit bright, and a bit more checking on the headstock, but all in all I like it.

Super light too.

P1130354.JPG
P1130355.JPG
P1130356.JPG
P1130357.JPG
P1130358.JPG

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Beauty! I’m loving the vintera ‘70s roadworn deluxe I won here early this year! Totally not something I would have bought but it’s changed my view of deluxe Teles. Enjoy that axe!

VillainSean

Tele-Holic
Congrats, I just picked up one of these as well. Threw some 11s on it, tweaked the intonation and she's ready to rock. I was also pleasantly surprised by the pickups!

tombm3

Tele-Holic
I replaced my pick guards on both of my 50's with pure vintage ones too. Easy upgrade and classes up the overall look. IMO.

I also replaced saddles with True Custom tilt compensated saddles.

NatillasdeMuertos

TDPRI Member
I replaced my pick guards on both of my 50's with pure vintage ones too. Easy upgrade and classes up the overall look. IMO.

I also replaced saddles with True Custom tilt compensated saddles.

Saddles might happen down the line, at the moment I’m fine with close enough for rock n roll. Jack is also one for another day when it’s needed. Big one was going to be pickups and electronics but happier with them than anticipated. Don’t get me wrong, upgrades exist but it’s not a rush and they’re plenty good for now but if it winds up justifying the further investment I’ve no complaints