NGD Vintera 50’s Tele

Itgoesto11

Tele-Meister
9B80D13C-B589-4C64-B982-7F99B896FA09.jpeg
Bought this as a demo from the Sweetwater website and putting it through it’s initial paces. This guitar replaces a Player Telecaster that I was very happy with. I have a “sell one before buying one” rule so....
First impressions- the neck is pretty thick and the 7.25 radius is an adjustment. That said there’s no fretting out in bends and the neck plays fine. The Player felt easier to play if that makes sense? The neck is also a bit sticky in comparison but I may knock that down a bit with 800 grit sandpaper. The pickups are more traditional to my ears than the Alnicos that the Player had. Not better or worse, just different. Has anyone else compared these instruments?

gwjensen

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Congrats! I love mine. Great neck, Liked the pups, but tried TSs for the hell of it, not as good... tried Keystones, they were great, and now it has micro coils with a four way switch, which is perfect. Already had the parts, so no extra expense... l also switched out the guard for a black phenolic. That’s as close as I’ll get appearance-wise to the GE Smith that got away... it’s a keeper.

Mick Sullivan

Tele-Meister
I tried a Vintera, with thoughts on buying one. The neck was too chunky for me and generally felt awkward - I do have quite small hands though. However, they are very beautiful.

theprofessor

Poster Extraordinaire
I have not compared the two models you mention, but I have played a Vintera exactly like yours and liked it a lot. It's what I would buy, if I were buying a new-production Fender Telecaster. You're right that the neck is chunky and that it can be a little sticky, but I liked it nonetheless. And I'm a big fan of 7.25"-radiused necks, so that's another reason I liked it. Enjoy!

Randypttt

Friend of Leo's
View attachment 729752 Bought this as a demo from the Sweetwater website and putting it through it’s initial paces. This guitar replaces a Player Telecaster that I was very happy with. I have a “sell one before buying one” rule so....
First impressions- the neck is pretty thick and the 7.25 radius is an adjustment. That said there’s no fretting out in bends and the neck plays fine. The Player felt easier to play if that makes sense? The neck is also a bit sticky in comparison but I may knock that down a bit with 800 grit sandpaper. The pickups are more traditional to my ears than the Alnicos that the Player had. Not better or worse, just different. Has anyone else compared these instruments?

I demoed this exact one 9 months ago and found it to be a great player. Very vintage sounding to my ears. Can't comment on the neck, I don't seem to have problems with the different types. Average hand size I guess. I wanted to get the BSB version but discovered they did away with ash bodies. Shame. Otherwise I may have gone ahead with buying one.
Good luck with that one.

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Congrats! I love mine. Great neck, Liked the pups, but tried TSs for the hell of it, not as good... tried Keystones, they were great, and now it has micro coils with a four way switch, which is perfect. Already had the parts, so no extra expense... l also switched out the guard for a black phenolic. That’s as close as I’ll get appearance-wise to the GE Smith that got away... it’s a keeper.

TSs?

ben smith

Tele-Afflicted
View attachment 729752 Bought this as a demo from the Sweetwater website and putting it through it’s initial paces. This guitar replaces a Player Telecaster that I was very happy with. I have a “sell one before buying one” rule so....
yeah really nice looking tele i love everything about it except the tuner! lets see those classic curves man!

Itgoesto11

Tele-Meister
yeah really nice looking tele i love everything about it except the tuner! lets see those classic curves man!
I know. It destroys the look of the headstock. When I’m plugged to my rig, it’s off; when I’m wandering around the house playing, it’s clipped on-;)