NGD: Vintage (The Brand) V-52 Blackguard

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
V52BS.jpg

One of these. It turned out that me and my Epiphone Les Paul could never be friends and so I brought her back to the store where they offered me a coupon worth the money I paid for that guitar.

But I also decided to spend some of the money on a second hand guitar that had been calling my name.

Well so far it does what it says on the tin, it loves my Fender Amp and does everything you expect a tele to do.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Nice.

I've never played that particular model, but I've never played a 'Vintage' brand guitar I didn't like. Some of their more 'reliced' models look horrible though.

I do have one of their acoustics, still doing fine after 15 years.

Jensen

Tele-Meister
I have got that one. A great guitar. I really like it and have had it for about three years.

lonewalk78

TDPRI Member
I also have that guitar, sounds good. I'm not a huge fan of the neck. I did roll the edges on the fret board and that helped. Great all around guitar at a good price.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Cool!

What could you not get along with on the les Paul?

epi.jpg

The uncomfortable body edges, which left chafing marks on my arm when I played it, the feel of that neck and most of all, the weight.

What I love about Fender guitars is that they feel smoothed over, No blunt edges, they melt into your body.

It drove me nuts, I went through so much trouble to get her but she and I just couldn't get along.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
View attachment 941702
The uncomfortable body edges, which left chafing marks on my arm when I played it, the feel of that neck and most of all, the weight.

What I love about Fender guitars is that they feel smoothed over, No blunt edges, they melt into your body.

It drove me nuts, I went through so much trouble to get her but she and I just couldn't get along.
If it’s anything like my newer sg special I know what you mean about the neck

Mines a weird very flat D-shape that’s not great feeling

Will_Darden

TDPRI Member
I bought a Squire CV from a guy who had upgraded the pups / pots / wiring and it's why I fell in love with the telecaster. Looks very similar to your guitar and I'm sure you'll love it. I have a deep love for LPs, but it's hard to justify an LP when I have a 335 that sounds very close with less sustain. They're also unbelievably heavy.

If you decide you miss the HB tone, look into a Tele Deluxe -- all the crisp brassy tone of a tele but with some serious growl.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I bought a Squire CV from a guy who had upgraded the pups / pots / wiring and it's why I fell in love with the telecaster. Looks very similar to your guitar and I'm sure you'll love it. I have a deep love for LPs, but it's hard to justify an LP when I have a 335 that sounds very close with less sustain. They're also unbelievably heavy.

If you decide you miss the HB tone, look into a Tele Deluxe -- all the crisp brassy tone of a tele but with some serious growl.
Thanks for your recommendation but, I have other guitars that scratch the Humbucker itch.
Boardcaster 2.jpg

gtrs.JPG

fattboyzz

Tele-Meister
I digg a nice bsb Tele !

Hngd !

Here is my bsb.
A 2014 Squier CV neck.
Fender vintage 64 pups.
Alder body.
Gotoh hardware .

Attachments

• 20181210_091132.jpg
    20181210_091132.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 7

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Vintage guitars are great. I really like my Vintage SG, as perhaps the name hints toward.

I hope you have many happy hours together.