NGD - Tuxedo T-shirt Tele

UpstateDon

Tele-Meister
Pumped for my new tele. I feel like it's a great complement to my custom shop double esquire (which is essentially just a blackguard style tele). 1985 MIJ, black and bound with duncan antiquities. Love the looks of this one...says I'm formal, but I also like to party.

It sounds good, though I want to raise the strings a bit. I really wanted a 60s style tele to complement my #1. Raised poles, steel saddles, rosewood board. And yes, they sound different. The MIJ is a touch more compressed, little brighter, and a bit more of the fundamental note. Kinda exactly what I was hoping for. Hard to go against my #1 because it's a really good one...but this MIJ is no slouch.

The neck, radius, and small frets are obviously different. Not bad or good..just different...and I think raising the strings to what I'm used to will help make the feel closer to the double esquire (which has a 9.5 radius and substantially bigger frets).

Tele.jpg

Last edited:

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Pumped for my new tele. I feel like it's a great complement to my custom shop double esquire (which is essentially just a blackguard style tele). 1985 MIJ, black and bound with duncan antiquities. Love the looks of this one...says I'm formal, but I also like to party.

It sounds good, though I want to raise the strings a bit. I really wanted a 60s style tele to complement my #1. Raised poles, steel saddles, rosewood board. And yes, they sound different. The MIJ is a touch more compressed, little brighter, and a bit more of the fundamental note. Kinda exactly what I was hoping for. Hard to go against my #1 because it's a really good one...but this MIJ is no slouch.

The neck, radius, and small frets are obviously different. Not bad or good..just different...and I think raising the strings to what I'm used to will help make the feel closer to the double esquire (which has a 9.5 radius and substantially bigger frets).

View attachment 1036060
Like that binding look!

Terrygh1949

Tele-Meister

View attachment 1036060
Very nice.

jimking

TDPRI Member

View attachment 1036060
Mine (when it's finished) is the reverse of this.

TeleBackelaer

TDPRI Member
Oh wow, that tuxedo tele just oozes style. Very nice.
Not to be a downer but I've got the same problem you seem to have: I just prefer medium jumbo frets. Vintage (or narrow-tall you see on almost all current models) just doesn't feel right to me. I've got a tele with narrow tall frets and although I still play it quite a lot and it's a perfectly fine guitar, I don't ever really seem to get used to those frets. Not a dealbreaker but everytime I play a guitar with medium jumbo's it just feels so much smoother. Maybe you can get used to them.

Anyway, gorgeous guitar!