NGD - Tuxedo T-shirt Tele

UpstateDon

Tele-Meister
Pumped for my new tele. I feel like it's a great complement to my custom shop double esquire (which is essentially just a blackguard style tele). 1985 MIJ, black and bound with duncan antiquities. Love the looks of this one...says I'm formal, but I also like to party.

It sounds good, though I want to raise the strings a bit. I really wanted a 60s style tele to complement my #1. Raised poles, steel saddles, rosewood board. And yes, they sound different. The MIJ is a touch more compressed, little brighter, and a bit more of the fundamental note. Kinda exactly what I was hoping for. Hard to go against my #1 because it's a really good one...but this MIJ is no slouch.

The neck, radius, and small frets are obviously different. Not bad or good..just different...and I think raising the strings to what I'm used to will help make the feel closer to the double esquire (which has a 9.5 radius and substantially bigger frets).

Tele.jpg

Last edited:

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
Pumped for my new tele. I feel like it's a great complement to my custom shop double esquire (which is essentially just a blackguard style tele). 1985 MIJ, black and bound with duncan antiquities. Love the looks of this one...says I'm formal, but I also like to party.

It sounds good, though I want to raise the strings a bit. I really wanted a 60s style tele to complement my #1. Raised poles, steel saddles, rosewood board. And yes, they sound different. The MIJ is a touch more compressed, little brighter, and a bit more of the fundamental note. Kinda exactly what I was hoping for. Hard to go against my #1 because it's a really good one...but this MIJ is no slouch.

The neck, radius, and small frets are obviously different. Not bad or good..just different...and I think raising the strings to what I'm used to will help make the feel closer to the double esquire (which has a 9.5 radius and substantially bigger frets).

View attachment 1036060
Like that binding look!

Terrygh1949

Tele-Meister

View attachment 1036060
Very nice.

jimking

TDPRI Member

View attachment 1036060
Mine (when it's finished) is the reverse of this.

TeleBackelaer

Tele-Meister
Oh wow, that tuxedo tele just oozes style. Very nice.
Not to be a downer but I've got the same problem you seem to have: I just prefer medium jumbo frets. Vintage (or narrow-tall you see on almost all current models) just doesn't feel right to me. I've got a tele with narrow tall frets and although I still play it quite a lot and it's a perfectly fine guitar, I don't ever really seem to get used to those frets. Not a dealbreaker but everytime I play a guitar with medium jumbo's it just feels so much smoother. Maybe you can get used to them.

Anyway, gorgeous guitar!