NGD tomorrow

John C

Friend of Leo's
Well, I went back, with the Tele and pointed to the problem. A bit frustrated at the questions and waffle, I eventually asked ‘do, is it a latching or non-latching switch’. Their puzzled expressions lead me to believe they had less than a full understanding of my question and thus couldn’t answer. Walking over to an Am Pro ll on the wall I pressed the tone control and established it was a latching / de latching set up.

Their offer to order me a new pot from Fender was politely declined, I could see an open ended wait!

I’m now going back when their tech is in, on Saturday, when they’ve promised to have him swap out the pot, or, if quicker, complete control plate while I wait.

Hope it happens.

Sounds like a plan; hopefully they can get it done for you on Saturday.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
Sounds like a plan; hopefully they can get it done for you on Saturday.
Fingers crossed. I’ve ditched my Saturday morning lesson so as to be knocking on their door at opening time. I know it’s hardly a major problem in the big scheme of things but it’s kind of taken the edge of my NGD.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, to their credit, I’m all sorted. Was met at the door shortly after opening time, given a coffee and my Tele disappeared upstairs. Within ten minutes the tech appeared, carrying my guitar in one hand and a faulty push / push pot in the other. As promised, they’d exchanged it with a working one from another AmPro they had in stock. Definitely rescued a situation and gained my respect.