NGD: Thrift Store Peavey!

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Somebody call the cops. You STOLE that :cool:

I've got the perfect amp to pair with that guitar; the total cost for the rig including that new set of strings comes in right at a hunnerd George Washington dollars:

Peavey-Classic-20-CR.jpg

Yeah, I saved the price tag because nobody would ever believe I got a Peavey Classic 20 combo for fifty bucks.
Man, talk about the staff ding-dongs being asleep at the wheel...right place at the right time!

Call Me Al

Tele-Meister
It's great to see someone with the skills, tools, and love of doing it get ahold of something that most people wouldn't want and turn it into a cool guitar. What's your plan for the finished product? Knockaround guitar? Donate to kid who wants to learn to play?
I thought I’d have a nice rewire project on my hands, but it really didn’t need it! It’s a basement guitar now, but I just love the body, it’s so comfy and hangs on a strap just the way I like it. My son is almost 6 so I’m hoping he’ll take a shine to it someday.

Hanging in the basement:
5C18C657-001E-4027-BEE4-90E27A411492.jpeg

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m pretty green at electric still- 20 years of bass, 10 years of cowboy chord acoustic- about 18 months of electric blues stuff… so I’m still finding the finesse and appreciate the feedback! :)
I hope i am not mistaking you ! sometimes my ears play tricks on me though. Cool country licks !

wraub

TDPRI Member
My first bass amp was a Peavey, great stuff. People keep telling me they make great tube amps too!

I still have my stage rig, but I also have an old Peavey Basic 40 bass amp for home use. That thing is amazing.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Nice, you're inspiring me to pull out the ol' headless. I have recently gotten my Peavey Patriot back from several years with my idiot brother inlaw, who didn't bother to say "thank you, sorry I broke the e and B strings."
I think I'll put a ceramic Melody Maker pickup in the center slot and replace the pots.
Fyi my neck is not interchangeable with Fender components. Oh, it became headless one dark and stormy night when iI stumbled upon an innocent router. View attachment 1001153
Wha-a-at? 23 frets? A high Eb? Way cool

TheMattJones88

Tele-Meister
Somebody call the cops. You STOLE that :cool:

I've got the perfect amp to pair with that guitar; the total cost for the rig including that new set of strings comes in right at a hunnerd George Washington dollars:

Peavey-Classic-20-CR.jpg

Yeah, I saved the price tag because nobody would ever believe I got a Peavey Classic 20 combo for fifty bucks.

I can beat that deal, actually. I paid $12.00 for one. I worked at a guitar shop in high school and this guy came in wanting to sell his Classic 20, he said it didn't work. The owner of the shop didn't want to buy it, but the guy said "just give me anything for it", so he paid $10.00 for it. I got everything at 20% over cost, so I paid my boss $12.00 for it right there. New set of tubes and a new set screw on the volume knob and I was good to go!

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
That’s the kind of thing I dream about finding. Unfortunately ‘round about here we have only Cash Converter type shop selling c*** at high prices or charity shops that, I think, move stuff in via people in the organization that know what they have.

When I say dream, I mean literally dream. A couple of times I’ve been in some sort of charity or junk shop, rummaged and found an old guitar on a bottom shelf and walked out with a ‘60s sunburst Strat. Seller was asking £30 and I haggled him down to £20. Woke up disappointed!

HNGD, fun times ahead messing with it!